Adding Logitech Squeezebox as Media Player

Hi,
I’ve been trying to add an old Logitech radio running SqueezeBox, but it’s not showing up.

My media_players.yaml:

- platform: squeezebox
  host: 192.168.1.116
  port: 9090
  username: username
  password: password

I’ve tried with different variations like just the host and host + port. The log gives me:

homeassistant.components.media_player.squeezebox: Failed to connect to server 192.168.1.116:9090 - [Errno 111] Connection refused

Saw in a post on Reddit that removing username and password requirement could solve the problem, but I’ve been unable to find the setting on the radio or http://www.mysqueezebox.com to do so.

Anyone have any experience adding this type of media player? Any suggestions on how to further troubleshoot this issue?

Home Assistant only supports connecting to a Squeezebox server running locally on the network, not directly to a player (such as the Squeezebox radio) that is connected to the Mysqueezebox online service. (I don’t know if it is possible to add support for Mysqueezebox or how hard it would be). But the answer to your problem is that you have to run your own server (Slimserver/Logitech media server) on your network.

1 Like

Slight thread hijack - @molobrakos, do you understand how the squeezebox platform knows what player you’re adressing? It has worked for me so far because it connects to the player I use the most, but I’m not sure if it’s possible to connect to alternate players connected to that server.

You will get a separate media control for each player that is connected to your server.

Of course. It was right there in front of me. But in Squeeze, I named it “Chromecast”, so I was thinking that discovery picked up my Chromecast, not that it was my other Squeeze device! Duh. Thanks.

Thanks @molobrakos! Wish I’d asked sooner. :slight_smile: