Adding new RFID tags conditional

HI,

I have set up an esphome RFID tag reader. I use that to disable the alarm with an automation based on list of RFID’s. I have set it up so that the esp32 device will only send tag_scanned events if the alarm is triggered. All of this works fine.
However there is one thing I do not like. If an unknown ID is scanned the automation will not (correctly) trigger but the ID will be added as a new tag to the tag list in the tag manager UI.

What i would like to have is to record the ID in the log, but not add it as a new the tag list unless I specifically ask for it.

Is there a way to block adding new tags unless specifically enabled in the standard tags integration?

If not I can imagine an automation that does basically:

tag is scanned
     Is this a known tag?
     If no, remove from tag list

I have not found a way to remove a tag from a script, is this possible?

No this is not possible. Home Assistant keeps a record of all scanned tags in that list.

If you are not creating automations for these unknown tags, what is the issue?

The issue is that the list of tags may get contaminated with a lot of useless tags. I’d like to limit the list to tags that actually have functionality.

But very important point of every alarm event list is to see if/how many unauthorized people tried to unlock you alarm…why would you want to remove them? That way you won’t have a clue if someone wants to break into your system.
At least this is in “true” alarm systems…
(If i understand you correctly…)

I do not want the fact that the tag was scanned to be removed. But I don’t want to have it registered as a new tag.

Unfortunately that is not how it works.

You can make a feature request to disable adding new tags here:

Thanks for the suggestion, I just posted a feature request.

Is there a way to trigger an automation when an unknown tag (or tag scanned for the first time) gets added to the Tags list ?

1 Like

any solution for this???

1 Like

Pls! A solution for this T-T