Adding Philips Hue bulbs and plugs to ZHA - some entities/controls missing?

Hello - new HA user here and first post. Getting to grips with everything and really enjoying it so far :slight_smile: Initial setup went well and I created my first automation with a Teckin SP27 WiFi smart plug after flashing it with Tasmota.

I wanted to get a Zigbee integration setup next however I’ve come across my first issue and would really appreciate some help please. I’m using the following hardware:
Intel NUC running Home Assistant OS 7.0
Updated to version 2021.12.7
Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 ZBBridge flashed with Tasmota 10.1.0 (tasmota-zbbridge.bin) and configured for ZHA - Zigbee chipset flashed with ncp-uart-sw-6.7.8_115200.ota

I completed the ZHA Integration config with the relevant details and then added each Philips Hue White Ambience bulb and smart plug to it.
ZHA added each bulb and plug and showed the 4 devices within Home Assistant, however only one entity was added for each device? Should there be multiple entities for each device? I’ve checked and there aren’t any extra entities in the ‘Hidden’ list either. The only controls available for the lights were on/off and brightness, but there should be controls for colour temp as well.

I tried removing the devices from HA and then re-adding them, however ZHA discovered them immediately and listed them, without carrying out the initial ‘interview’ like it did the first time, and they re-appeared in devices with the same Area assigned as before, so I don’t believe they were actually ‘deleted’ fully - perhaps a device registry still had the entries even after deleting them from the front end? Still only one entity for device. Perhaps this is just the way Zigbee and ZHA work, however my WiFi SP27 smart plug shows 10 entities for things like last restart, firmware version, signal strength etc. Are these all just displayed in the ‘Device info’ rather than being separate entities?

When I select one of the light devices, i can see the control for on/off, no brightness or colour temp controls. If I reconfigure the bulb from the ZHA menu ‘reconfigure device’ it successfully shows the following attributes:

however there are no new controls available for these attributes on the device page. Should these extra attribute controls show on the device page in the same way that the on/off control does?

Thanks

Not sure what your expectations exactly are, but brightness and color temp, specifically, are attributes of the light, so there is indeed no specific entities for those.

I see, thank you for confirming. It’s slowly starting to make sense. After my first Tasmota device showing 10 entities, I just, incorrectly, expected more than 1 entity when adding each of the Hue devices.
I also expected on the Hue Light device page, to see a control for Brightness and a control for colour temp, in the same way that there is a control for on/off, but perhaps this is because the device page only shows a single control for the state of the device, rather than controls for the devices attributes. All a learning curve!!