Adding resources to lovelace

Hello, I have updated my hassio to version 0.107.4. Until this version it was possible to add resources like

resources:

• type: js
    url: /local/gardena-mower-card.js?v=0.3

to the configuration of the overview. Now, if add the code above, I get the message that resources should be put to lovelace configuration window instead.

I do not know the lovelace configuration window. Where can I find it? Any help is appreciated!

3 Likes

config/lovelace/resources

Screenshot_20200323_145808

its here on ha core.

6 Likes

Or you can edit configuration.yaml and add your resources there. Example:

#
# Enable lovelace User Interface
#
lovelace:
  mode: yaml

#
# Add-On for lovelace
#
  resources:
    - url: /local/auto-entities.js
      type: module
    - url: /hacsfiles/weather-card/weather-card.js

5 Likes

I would like to configure my dashboards with the help of ui editor. If i switch to yaml, this is not possible anymore. So, I think I have to put resources using the url config/lovelace/resources. I am a little bit confused since I cannot see the tab resources but dashboards. If I enter the url in the browser I can switch to resources. Does anyone know why the resources tab is not shown in hassio 0.170.4?

Many thanks for your help!

On the underside of the page there are 2 icons. One to select dashboards, one to select resources.

1 Like

I do not see any underside for resources :frowning:

Right one on the underside.

You need to enable “Advenced mode” in your user profile to see the “Resources” tab.

12 Likes

I have the same problem on 0.108.9, but I can’t figure out how to enable “Advanced mode” for my user profile. I am the admin user, and I see the tabs like “Developer Tools”, “Configuration” etc in the menu. I can’t find an “advanced mode” setting in Configuration -> Users or anywhere else.

I also have a custom card that I need to add resources for (converting from the ui-lovelace.yml), but the “Resources” tab is missing for me, too.

2 Likes

Ah, that’s where that setting is. Wow, that was difficult to figure out… :wink: Thanks so much!

Is there any way to reload without restarting editing configuration.yaml?

2 Likes

anyone ever figure out the answer for this ?

Well there’s a post marked as the solution. So I’d say, yes.

1 Like

I am also trying to add a custom card to the resources.
Up until now I have only installed custom cards via HACS. The following weather card however is not available in HACS.

Following the instructions, the easiest way is to add

- url: https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/bramkragten/weather-card/dist/weather-card.min.js

to the resources. However I can’t seem to find the custom card following, even a restart had no change.

1 Like

Perhaps someone can help…

Is the right setup for resources in configuration.yaml?

Some work, but some dont and I cant work out why!

The ones that dont work give an error ‘custom element doesnt exist’

resources:

• url: /hacsfiles/sidebar-card/sidebar-card.js
  • url: /hacsfiles/button-card/button-card.js
  • url: /hacsfiles/swipe-card/swipe-card.js
  • url: /local/card-tools.js
  • url: /hacsfiles/stack-in-card/stack-in-card.js
  • url: /hacsfiles/mini-media-player-bundle.js?v=1.13.0

I’ve only been fighting this for the last 18 hours trying everything I could from file path names to removing all but 1 mod.
I finally figured it out!
It was the indentation!

lovelace:

#
# Add-On for lovelace
#
  resources:

Getting rid of those comments and I saw that the “resources” aligned with the Lovelace settings.
It should look like…

lovelace:
  resources:

Hello!

Understanding that this is an older thread, please allow me asking why there is still no Resources tab despite I have the advanced settings enabled. I do see the 3-dots menu in the right top corner. When I click on it, it reads Resources, so that’s ok. I’m just puzzled why other HA users see it as a second tab besides Dashboards or (on mobile view) as 2 separate icons at the bottom. BTW, on my mobile (Android) app, there is no icon at the bottom when I click on Settings => Dashboards, but again that 3-dots menu in the top right corner for the Resources. So has this been changed in HA (and I overlooked that change)?

Yeah, think it has changed. I’m new to HA and also couldn’t find it at first. Assuming you have already enabled Advanced Mode (in your profile page). The resources can be found by going to Settings > Dashboards > [3-dots, top right] > Resources. Here you have a blue fab-button bottom right corner with “Add Resource”.

2 Likes

enable Advance mode on your profile — restart HOME ASSISTANT – go to setting — DASHBOARD — click on the three points

1 Like