Adding Roomba 980 to hass.io

Being a n00b regarding both hass_io and Linux, but the installation, setup and initial customization has been very, very smooth! I do have a little challenge that i hope to get some input on :slight_smile:

I want to connect my Roomba 980 to my Home Assistant, and although it does show in the UI, it is “unavailable” since i don’t know the BLID and PW to type into my configuration.yaml

I am running my hass_io on a Pi Zero W, and i can connect with Putty, and i found a ton of how-to recipes and forum threads, but they all make use of folders that i can’t seem to find on my particular installation??

I am supposed to run a python script, but the script i cannot locate. Neither any of the folders for the path in which the script is to be found.

In this thread (iRobot Roomba), it mentions a path like:
“/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/roomba”, and the script in that folder should be named “getpassword.py”

I have a feeling that the above data might differ a bit for me, since i run hass_io instead of a “manual” install? I looked in all my folder structure using command “ls -a” to reveal hidden files also, but still no luck :frowning:

Maybe one of you veterans could please point me to the path of the homeassistant folder (and hoping that I can locate the script myself from there :smiley:)?

I think I used one of the non-ha roomba projects to get my BLID and PW. You could try this one but I don’t remember if its works: