Adding thermostat card using entities

I’ve got some Z-Wave thermostats (Thermofloor Z-Temp2) in my home for controlling Z-Wave wall plugs with panel ovens connected. The thermostats are added in Zwavejs2Mqtt and connected through the ZwaveJS integration. But they don’t have any climate entities. But the entities for current temperature, temperature setpoint and enabled state are all available.

Is it possible to add some kind of thermostat card from the entities? But not with any regulation, just indicators and controls.

This?

Thank you. But no, since this one is for software regulation. I already have regulation in the thermostat (the process that compares the current temperature against the temperature setpoint and either switches the wall plug on or off). I just want the frontend part, where I display current mode and temperature, and set temperature setpoint.

But perhaps I need to go at it on a different angle. Is it possible to create a custom climate entity by specifying sensor and control entities?

Yes and Burningstone just linked to it.

Then you don’t want a climate entity. These are for control. What you want is an entities card displaying some some sensors.

Just use the generic thermostat like they said. But configure a template switch that doesn’t actually do anything. Should do exactly what you want.

2 Likes

Thank you for a helpful and informative answer.

I apologize for not explaining my needs clearly. I understand that I can likely use the generic thermostat for controlling the Z-Temp2. I didn’t get from the documents that it’s possible to use an “empty” template switch on the generic thermostat heater setting.

1 Like

Well, to be honest I did not think of that, rotormonkey’s suggestion deserves a :star: