Adding Tuya OEM app products to Home Assistant

Hi guys,

I own a few Forrest Shuttle curtain motors, with their WiFi dongle.

The motors are connected and controled with their app, which is an OEM Tuya app (or white label app idk how you call it)

Is it possible to add these to Home Assistant?

I have tried:

• Connecting the motors in the Tuya And Smart life app, they don’t get detected.
  • Connecting the OEM app to the IoT platform, scanning the QR-code doesn’t do anything.
  • Using Local Tuya, they detect the curtains but can’t get the local keys with the OEM app.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I faced the same situation.
I hope anyone can help me with this ticket.

I have devices that need to be connected using the Smart Life app with Tuya Hub among Tuya’s products or OEM products.

I also have Tuya Hub for testing, but if I know how Hub detects the device, I think I can connect to HomeAssistant. (I think I can connect to Wi-Fi afterwards if I connect to BT first, and support Wi-Fi)

However, as long as there is a problem with the local key, it will be able to get the local key from the Tuya IoT.

I am facing the same issue … we have Tuya OEM app (white label one) … but cant use HomeAssistant Tuya Integration with it …. I enter the user code, then i get error message when i scan the QR code with my tuya OEM app (which is based on Smart Life) ……
I added the same devices to Tuya official app, and i easily made the integration work and all devices were discovered … but this is not a solution as in this way we have to throw away our tuya OEM app ……

Anyone managed to link tuya OEM app to HomeAssistant Tuya integration ?

Please