Adding WLED Presets into HomeKit

Within HomeKit, I’m trying to find a way to change the preset of my WLED lights. Ideally, I would like, in HomeKit, a drop down listing all available presets for that WLED light, like the one in Lovelace for select.wled_preset. However, when I include that entity in my HomeKit bridge, nothing imports into home. No buttons and no dropdown list.

So, I thought about trying to create a media remote, like what is used in HomeKit to select inputs for a tv, because the media remote does have a dropdown. When I couldn’t figure that out quickly, I decided to go, what I thought would be, the easier route: create a virtual toggle that changes to a particular preset.

So, I tried this, but it didn’t work:

- alias: WLED Test Preset
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: input_boolean.wled_test_preset
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: select.select_option
    data:
    entity_id: select.wled_preset
    option: Test

What am I doing wrong? Should I try a different method? I recently installed HA after using homebridge and SmartThings for nearly 5 years. So, I’m still trying to figure out HA. I sincerely appreciate any patience or guidance.

1 Like

Hi John, I hope that you have already find a solution, but if not here is how I did it…

The logic is to implement a momentary switch in Apple Home app, in which after pressing it, it reset itself to a off position.

You can do everything throw the Automation GUI, however I leave here YAML code for easy understanding.

type oralias: WLED Smooth
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - input_boolean.wled_button_2
    to: "on"
condition: []
action:
  - device_id: 8b2871f8c10002bf71da28f739f42fa5
    domain: select
    entity_id: select.wled_preset