Adding Zigbee 3.0 devices using 3.0 and not ZHA

Sorry if title happens not to be accurate, I did not know how to word it…

What I am looking for is a way to add Zigbee 3.0 devices using the QR code on the device itself for a Zigbee 3.0 compliant secure inclusion. In SmartThings it was possible, so I am hoping that it is with HA as well given the broader support for everything. I only realized I was missing something after migrating 50 or so devices. I’d like to figure out whether there is a way before I continue with the remaining 50 or so devices. My Zigbee coordinator is a deCONZ ConBee II and I am currently using the Zigbee Home Automation Integration.

It’s not currently supported in ZHA, or Zigbee2MQTT. I’m not sure what the state of development of that on either platform is.

1 Like

Do you happen to know whether Matter will be supported promptly? I am planning on adopting the full suite of Inovelli Matter devices as soon as they are available as I am exhausted by the littany of issues with my current Homeseer dimmers/switches (they hang, supposedly, when there is too much zwave traffic)

With either of them, Matter will be supported if/when somebody decides to put the time and effort into that. It’s not trivial task, and it’s also not even close to being published as a standard yet:

In the first half of 2022, we expect to see the SDK released

It’s also entirely possible that neither will support Matter, since Matter isn’t Zigbee.

1 Like