Adding ZWave devices

Hello guys!

I’m starting to play around with my new RPi (Raspbian Jessie) on which I installed Home Assistant with no problem.

For now, I only have a ZWave controller (a ZME UZB1) an a ZWave Plug (Everspring AD147). So I tried installing my ZWave controller on Home Assistant and I managed to configure it but now I have two switches that appeared on the web interface. I don’t know what they are because I did not plug any ZWave device yet.
Also, I don’t see how I can set the controller to inclusion mode to add my new ZWave plug.

Could anyone help me setting this up?

Home Assistant currently does not support configuring your Z-Wave network, you will need to use 3rd party tools for that.

Have a look at the logs or the developer tools in the UI to see what the switches are that are popping up.

Thanks for the reply!

Would you know any tool for easily configure my controller?
And do you know if this functionnality will come to HA someday?

A very late reply, but i would recommend OpenZWave Control Panel. If you can get it running (I had some issues with it on Raspian Jessie at first) it’s a good tool.

Did you ever get it running? I have follwed several links/instructions and each fails. Usually the error is missing packages \

Yes I did. I followed this guide:

But I also had issues with missing package (libgnutls28). I was able to fix that by running this line before following the guide:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y
This will take a good while.

Hope this helps you out

1 Like

I could not those instruction to work for me (Raspberry PI 3 - Jessie) but a slight revised version of the same did work. Those instructions can be found here: https://github.com/bassclarinetl2/open-zwave-control-panel