Addon Help - where's the config in my file system?

I have installed on a Raspberry Pi 4 using the OS install (easiest)
Home Assistant 2022.12.7
Supervisor 2022.11.2
Operating System 9.4
Frontend 20221213.1 - latest

I have a number of add-ons and HACS all working nicely.

Now I have attempted to install an add-on for iSolarCloud/SunGrow inverters but hit an issue where it does not start.
The developer has said “Have a look at the /data/.GoSungrow/config.json file to see what’s in there.”

I have no files under the /data folder so wondering where to actually look. Searching the file system the config.json does not exist anywhere I can see.

Not sure what I have done wrong but cannot see any addons anywhere int he file system (other than the HACS stuff).

Addons install in their own docker container. The “/data” folder would exist within that container, but would also be mapped to an actual folder on the host. As far as I can tell, all of the data for addons live under:

/mnt/data/supervisor/addons/data

If you log onto the pi directly (not using one of the terminal/SSH addons) and enter the following:

ls /mnt/data/supervisor/addons/data

You should see folders for all the addons you have, and (hopefully) one will look like SunGrow (with other numbers & characters at the front). That folder will (normally) correspond to the “data” folder in the container. Use “ls” to then look inside that for the file. Note that the dot at the start of “.GoSungrow” means it’s a hidden folder, so “ls -a” will show it, but “ls” by itself will not. To display the content of the file, use “cat”.

(PS You can use terminal/SSH if you’ve opened port 22222, but assuming your pi has a keyboard and display connected, that it much easier. You just can’t access with any of the port 22 SSH addons. There is a “temporary” addon to configure port 22222 more easily should you need it)

1 Like

If you have installed or are willing to install the File editor add-on you will find the HACS Integrations under config/components and the HACS Frontend under config/www.

Thank-you @michaelblight. This is making sense now. While I don’t have a keyboard yet, I’ll put in an order for Santa to deliver one.

In the meantime I’ll have a play with the port 22222 addon.