🆕 Addon: Raspbery Pi Temp Sensor!

Works pretty well… But it should display (chooseble?) in metric Celsius instead of Fahrenheit…
How about an option for this?

Not getting updated in main UI. i can see the charts in “History”
any possibility to change from F to C?

Yes. I will add a variable this weekend.

I added a configuration variable. CorF. Set to C for Celsius, or F if you’re F’in Awesome.

1 Like

thanks for addition. but to get to this page? i tried all possbile ways but unable to get C in lovelace dashboard
How to see this page? where to find?

Finally it worked

I’ve “installed” this addon. Thanks for this :+1:

is this still available in the current Argon One active cooling add-on? Ive got that working successfully, and turning on the fan per temp, but I cant find the sensor.cpu_temp at all?

Same here. The log reports temperature every 30 sec so you’d think there’d be one.

latest update on the Cooling add-on was updated with a temp attribute to the fan sensor. According to the docs however, it updates per 10 minutes… not sure if thats correct though, seems useless if it does

1 Like

There is a sensor.processor_temperature available in the systemmonitor platform which does the job.

1 Like

yes, I have that. thanks.

and the add-on sensor is updated on change, And per 10 minutes, as Adam explained me today in the Argon repo

On a related subject, I restarted HA this morning and the Argon fan speed sensor wasn’t available until I had restarted the add-on as well. Do you get that?

yes, as I mentioned in the thread ✔️🆒Argon One Active Cooling Addon - #242 by Mariusthvdb

you posted there too, so read the 4 posts up… before asking here :wink:

Er… Oops… :flushed:

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the addon. I’ve installed it but the Statistics card doesn’t pick it up. How did you get the nice graph you show?

Thanks!

Is this addon still relevant? I just tried to install but the link to the repository was declined in supervisor.

I would need to change the name of the Entity in Ha, is it going to do it?

Sorry, no that is not supported. :frowning:

There are integrations which support this functionality though.

Edited: Found in the docs it may be possible to CURL from the remote Pi. What should $HASSIO_TOKEN be?

Can I use this to monitor a remote sensor - HA is running on one Pi and my temp sensor on another? Actually the remote sensor is a DS18B20 measuring my hot water tank.

I am competent doing most aspects of this … apart from HA where I am still a newbie despite running it for a few months!! I have looked at posts doing something with MQTT but it appears to be quite messy/complicated.

Still works with HASSOS 2024