'AddonManager.install' blocked from execution, no host internet connection

Ran into this issue today…out of the blue when I wanted to update my zwave addon.

‘AddonManager.install’ blocked from execution, no host internet connection

Look everywhere. Tried nmcli g status. — ha network info – host internet = false. No way to get it back, …I am an IT guy so I know my way around linux and containers. However I am unable to wrap my head around the issue. Pings - DNS to external hosts work. Could this be a container DNS issue?

1 Like

I am in exactly the same position. Did you find a solution?

change DNS in network settings to f.i. 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 to use as DNS

1 Like

what I did
ha network info

host_internet: false

then ha network reload && ha network info

host_internet: true

2 Likes

After changing my ISP, my gateway had changed from 192.168.1.254 to 192.168.1.1. After fixing this in the network settings of HA, things worked again.

1 Like

I wanted to chime in and report what I found to be blocked by my edge appliance: checkonline.home-assistant.io. I had to whitelist it and my issues went away. We block foreign domains and it’s a crude rule, obviously, since it blocks “io” domains.

I have a specific need where I sometimes have to use my phone for internet access while I want to develop HA on a local VM. I use a USB to RJ45 adapter which works fine until my phone starts messing around with my 2 SIM cards. After that network info reports being online, but nothing works in the HA. I have to reset the VM then things start working again.

How ,
please