Addons Bluetooth BCM43xx

Hi,

I have some bluetooth problems (device_Tracket get me some errors in log file)

I would like to install this Addon for home assistant https://home-assistant.io/addons/bluetooth_bcm43xx/

But, how can I do that ?
Is there any procedure fot it ?

Thank you for your help

Hi there,

In case you are still coping with this issue I’ll try to answer your question.

The add-on you are mentioning is meant for a ‘Hass.io’ type of installation of Home-Assistant.
This is another way of installing Home-Assistant:
Hass.io information and link to installation instructions.

Cheers

Hello Emacee and thank you for your answer.
As I understand it, this is another installation of the “Home-assistant”?
Currently, all my items are on the Home-Assistant, and I plan to use Node-Red to make a user-friendly Dashboard.

Should I reinstall everything? is that why my Bluetooth LE does not work?

HASS is different from Home-Assistant?
Is there more benefit to using HASS than Home-Assistant?

Thank you for your help !

Both Hass.io and Home Assistant run the same things. However, the environment in which they run is different.
Hass.io is a complete image that runs resinOS and is easy to install but more difficult to adapt to your own needs since it doesn’t run on a regular Raspberry OS.

However, for Hass.io several add-ons are available (one for Bluetooth for example). The benefit of using hass.io over Home Assistant is that you don’t have to bother apout setting up python/docker and can just run it.
The pace of development of hass.io add-ons is rather high so it’s likely that the things you are wishing for will be coming soon.

BTW all the yaml files that you use in Home Assistant will run in hass.io too, as said before.
Hopefully this made things more clear for you.