ADF DALI to MQTT Converter in Home Assistant (Device not showing up)

I have successfully configured the ADF DALI/MQTT converter and it is connected to the Mosquitto Broker of my Home Assistant.

I have 1 DALI lamp connected to the converter but it is not showing up as a Device in HA.

Could someone help me with the configuration of the MQTT Topics and DALI Access in the ADF configuration software so that HASS will discover it and be able to control the Lamp?
Can someone review my configuration and tell me what I am missing?

The lamp is on channel 44.

Here is the MQTT Publish Table

Here is the MQTT Subsribe Table (Here I am very unsure what to put in)

Here is the DALI Access “Select Device” Table

Here is the DALI Access “Set Access” Table (Also very unsure what to put down)

Here is the DALI Access “Functions” Table (Very unsure what to put in)

As mentioned: The ADF DALI/MQTT Converter is able to connect to the Mosquitto Broker, but there is no Device discovered.

I appreciate any help.

Hello. I am also struggling a lot with this interface.
But here are my findings:
Having DALI2MQTT connected doesn’t automatically mean that it will show up in HASS just because you have mqtt messages exchanged.
HASS requires specific messages to be published in specified format / specific topic names.
What DALI2MQTT offers you is just to be able to exchange some messages but they are not compatible with HASS.
For example, the converter expects to subscribe one topic with payload like {channel: 3, value: 200} so it can dim the lamp on addresss 3.
And to receive updates/button events you specify another topics that will be populated by the converter with specifc data from specific devices. This is very poorly documented and you may need to reach ADFWeb support for that.
What you need also is to write a software-level converter (may be in Node-red) that will transform converter messages into HASS messages

That also means that it is very hard (or impossible) to write a code that talks to DALI to discover devices and send special payload to HASS discovery topic. It will be easier to have fixed configuration for dali entities in HASS…

Sorry, can’t explain it clearer, I am still learning this product, it took me many mandays to understand how complex and counter-intuitive it is…

Having DALI2MQTT connected doesn’t automatically mean that it will show up in HASS just because you have mqtt messages exchanged.

You can actually auto-discover MQTT devices by sendig a config specific message from your DALI2MQTT controller.

What you need also is to write a software-level converter (may be in Node-red) that will transform converter messages into HASS messages

I have done this using HASS automations (using MQTT messages as the trigger)
But I will look into node-red.

Hi all,
I got the same dali 2 mqtt converter, and I’m able to connect to mqtt, send and receive messages no problem with that, the only issue I got (and makes this unusable) is the ability to get the info from the Dali bus, when I activate the scan bus from the communication options, I receive the updates when the push button is activated, but as a result of scanning the bus the physical buttons become unreliable.
Is there any way to get the status of the lights on the bus without flooding it?
If I desactivate the scan option then I cannot see the status of the lights when someone operates the physical switches.

Thanks in advance!