Adguard home is so slow

I jumped on the adguard bandwagon when it released as an add-on and I am now uninstalling it. Web browsing is just painfully slow with it enabled. I have pitted both adguard and pi-hole add-ons against each other and there is a night and day difference in actually being able to fully load pages.

I can’t be the only one to experience this but just wanted to throw it out there.

I’m curious what are you running Adguard on? an rPi or desktop? Is it connected wired or wirelessly to the network? How many devices are connected to it? I haven’t had issues but I only connect a few devices to Adguard.

I’d switch back to Pi-Hole if there was good Home Assistant integration like there is with Adguard. It’s nice to be able to turn off Adguard on a dashboard or using Google Assistant. I’m not sure if Pi-Hole has an integration like that.

I had 2 instances of it, one on a NUC and the other running in docker on an i7 laptop. Both had a wired connection. I have reverted back to pi-hole today and things are running much smoother.

I never used the full integration of adguard so I don’t believe I am missing much

You can set up a switch in HA to turn PiHole on and off if you set it up correctly.