AdGuard- notify when new device on home network

I love the AdGuard add on that @frenck built

Home Assistant continues to become the hub of my home

The one feature request I could see built upon this integration: the ability to trigger notifications/alerts when new devices are detected on network.

I use the AdGuard DHCP feature and can see the new devices in real time, but there doesn’t appear to be an ability to do any scripting against the device list (e.g. if new MAC is detected, not on list, trigger notification)

This would be incredibly helpful to proactively stay on top of who is on our home network

Upvoted - good suggestion. I don’t personally use adguard but have seen this functionality with OpnSense integration.

Does adguard by chance add a device_tracker entry when something new is added to the network? If so, you could set up an automation with an Event trigger:

platform: event
event_type: device_tracker_new_device

When the automation is triggered via this Event, you could then send a notification containing data about the device, for example:

service: notify.your_notify_service
data_template:
    New device: {{trigger.event.data.host_name}}
    ({{trigger.event.data.entity_id}})
  title: New Network Device

Thanks @Chriswak

I don’t see any device tracker entries (or something similar). Maybe that is the suggested enhancement, and then your suggested automation would work perfectly. Fingers crossed something like this can be enhanced to Adguard. It’s a very good solution for our network.

1 Like