Adhan automation (أذان التلقائي) using Home Assistant and Google Home Mini

This mashaallah great, and it’s the same what got after edited the config as you, but I need the time to show AM and PM. Is there a way to do so.
If there is not.
Then jazak allah khira you did a great job brother.

It has unfortunately stopped working for me again. The error log says…

Error while setting up islamic_prayer_times platform for sensor
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 159, in _async_setup_platform
await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 442, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/islamic_prayer_times/sensor.py”, line 52, in async_setup_platform
prayer_times = prayer_times_data.get_new_prayer_times()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/islamic_prayer_times/sensor.py”, line 162, in get_new_prayer_times
self.prayer_times_info = calc.fetch_prayer_times()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/prayer_times_calculator/pray_times_calculator.py”, line 42, in fetch_prayer_times
“\nUnable to retrive prayer times. Url: {}”.format(url))
prayer_times_calculator.exceptions.InvalidResponseError:
Unable to retrive prayer times. Url: http://api.aladhan.com/timings/1582185600?latitude=45.1608821&longitude=-122.2305038&method=2

And also getting an error like this for each prayer…
Could not render template Salah Dhuhr: UndefinedError: list object has no element 1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Can you restart your raspberry pi and then tell us if the problem persists?

I have rebooted and even tried older snapshots, but still get the same error. I even tried a new virtual server but had the same issue.

Hello guys

ny way to handle day light savings time in this routine?

why not give it a try,

Did anyone have an issue with islamic_prayer_times platform with the DST switch?

After Europe DST switch today, islamic_prayer_times still show based on the original time, it didn’t shift extra hour.

Is there a fix for that, other than manually creating extra sensor shifting the prayer times 1 hours

Did you find a solution?

Welcome @ahf56
What problems are you facing? What is your hardware? How are you running HA? Your config and automation file. Please update us in brief so that we can help you better.

Salaam Sahar. Firstly JZK for everything :slight_smile: and lots of duas for you. I’m fairly new to HASS. I have experienced an issue in the last 24 hours whereby the Azan was being activated automatically before at the correct salah times but now has stopped, i.e. all Azans for today 29th Mar 2020. In the UK we now have DST (or British Summer Time +1 Hour). Everything was working perfectly well :slight_smile: for the past 1 month with different Azan for Fajr with plus 3600 seconds etc. The Azan for the remaining salah were working perfectly too. It’s just today that it has failed. I’ve blown away the SD card and started all over again, but with no success.

In the developer tools section, under logs I’m seeing this error first,
Error while setting up islamic_prayer_times platform for sensor
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py”, line 672, in urlopen
chunked=chunked,
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py”, line 421, in _make_request
six.raise_from(e, None)
File “”, line 3, in raise_from
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py”, line 416, in _make_request
httplib_response = conn.getresponse()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/http/client.py”, line 1344, in getresponse
response.begin()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/http/client.py”, line 306, in begin
version, status, reason = self._read_status()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/http/client.py”, line 267, in _read_status
line = str(self.fp.readline(_MAXLINE + 1), “iso-8859-1”)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/socket.py”, line 589, in readinto
return self._sock.recv_into(b)
ConnectionResetError: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/adapters.py”, line 449, in send
timeout=timeout
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py”, line 720, in urlopen
method, url, error=e, _pool=self, _stacktrace=sys.exc_info()[2]
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/util/retry.py”, line 400, in increment
raise six.reraise(type(error), error, _stacktrace)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/packages/six.py”, line 734, in reraise
raise value.with_traceback(tb)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py”, line 672, in urlopen
chunked=chunked,
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py”, line 421, in _make_request
six.raise_from(e, None)
File “”, line 3, in raise_from
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py”, line 416, in _make_request
httplib_response = conn.getresponse()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/http/client.py”, line 1344, in getresponse
response.begin()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/http/client.py”, line 306, in begin
version, status, reason = self._read_status()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/http/client.py”, line 267, in _read_status
line = str(self.fp.readline(_MAXLINE + 1), “iso-8859-1”)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/socket.py”, line 589, in readinto
return self._sock.recv_into(b)
urllib3.exceptions.ProtocolError: (‘Connection aborted.’, ConnectionResetError(104, ‘Connection reset by peer’))

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 179, in _async_setup_platform
await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 442, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/islamic_prayer_times/sensor.py”, line 52, in async_setup_platform
prayer_times = prayer_times_data.get_new_prayer_times()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/islamic_prayer_times/sensor.py”, line 162, in get_new_prayer_times
self.prayer_times_info = calc.fetch_prayer_times()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/prayer_times_calculator/pray_times_calculator.py”, line 38, in fetch_prayer_times
response = requests.get(url)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/api.py”, line 76, in get
return request(‘get’, url, params=params, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/api.py”, line 61, in request
return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 530, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 643, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/adapters.py”, line 498, in send
raise ConnectionError(err, request=request)
requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: (‘Connection aborted.’, ConnectionResetError(104, ‘Connection reset by peer’))

Your help will be greatly appreciated if you are able to guide me in the right direction please?

Hi ahf56. It was working fine for about 3 weeks, but it’s down today for me. I’m getting Error while setting up islamic_prayer_times platform for sensor . The same as mr-bash.

Just a quick update, unsure whether you have done anything to fix it but I have received the Fajr Azan this morning :slight_smile: I’ll continue to monitor throughout the day IA

Updated 1st April 2020
I can confirm that all is working now and all the Adhan notifications came through yesterday

Hi man
Do you think there’s a way to convert the idea to cloud service using google api or hassio?
So make it easier for older people or people without tech background to get the azan on there devices? I can support the project if someone know how to do it.

Possible but really a complex process that non-tech people do not dare to follow. Setting up a VPS, nginx server, reverse proxy server, port forwarding at VPS and home router level and much more.

It’s not possible to do it as sign up and the user give the service permission to use the device “google.api” and the service send call through the api for every Azan? Every this stay on the cloud.
The user only give permission and set the location.
I know it may be big project but with right people it can be done.
What do u think?

Hi,
is there a way to set the volume for azaker?

Hi has anyone done this on mac rather than raspberry pi?

you can do it on a mac but then you need to keep your mac on 24/7.

Assalamu’Alaikum

Thanks for all of this buddy, how do i change Fajr degrees as fajr is unusually too early then my local masjids etc, also how do if fix Asr hanafi time.

Dear Sahar. @msahar Alhamdulihah
Thank you for the time you have put in and for the quick responses.
I like this automation the best. (
…value_template: >
{%- set a = states(“sensor.islamic_prayer_time_fajr”).split(“T”)[1].split(":")[0] -%}…)

got it set up perfectly.
Can you please assist with following:

1. as how to do time offset in this version
  2. I am sure i can figure our Fajr as a separate action, so will do that
  3. How to implement Hanafi chool calculation (if that’s not possible, I’ll use the offset to estimate)
    Thank you
    Khaleel