Adhan automation (أذان التلقائي) using Home Assistant and Google Home Mini

As you know there are two ways to creat automation , one will be either from yamil and the other will be throw the configuration > automations > Add automation
Am sure 2nd method will fix the induction issue

Service
Data
(Space)media_content_type
(Space)media_contect_id
entity_id
Data
(Space)message
(Space)title
Service

Hopefully it’s clear , explaining in forums are new to me , wish I could add a photo :slight_smile:

So, now i’m able to play content on desired ecoh dot by executing the automation… however its not the Azan Makah, its most of the time random surah like Surah al kursi etc… I’ve tried copying link of azan makah 3 (Azan Makah 3 - song and lyrics by Sheikh Ali Bin Ahmad Al Mulla | Spotify) and put it in place of meida_content_id but Alexa says can’t find that.

I’m nearly there… i hope can solve this tonight…

Hello All,

I’m almost giving up trying to play azan on echo dot, no matter what i’ve tried media_player.play_media plays just random surahs from spotify

Anyone here can please guide?

I had the same issue at start , so I recommend keep the name exactly (( Azan Makah 3 ))

On more thing I would like to ask you to check the following

You also can do a test to use it the automation

Thanks brother for the references.

Do I need to have a paid spotify subscription for this to work? as i see your spotify UI has previous/play/next button. Could this be the reason for me its playing random surahs and not the Azan Makah 3?

Thanks,
regards

Yes it’s paid , can you add your own athan to Spotify library?
I did the same with my HomePod

Hi Brother,
which is the best calculation_method, For Canada ,Montreal.

Thanks

• University of Islamic Sciences in Karachi
  • Islamic Society of North America
  • Muslim World League
  • Umm Al-Qura University in Makkah

The calculation method used for prayer times. Must be one of: karachi , isna , mwl , makkah .

That’s very great , I’ll test it now

Assalamualaikum Wa RahmatullAh
I have also managed to get this automation working, may Allah bless and reward each and every one of you for your efforts.

I have a quick question, I have the automation working with Alexa media player integration as suggested. I cannot get it to play on multiple echo devices at the same time. I have tried adding multiple ‘media_player’ entities as a list as well as comma separated entities but it just plays on the last item on the list.

Does anyone have this working?

jzk

In case anyone else has the same issue I had, i managed to get it working by adding ‘in everywhere’ after the name of the adhan track. ‘Everywhere’ being the group name of multi-room music group i had set in the Alexa app.

Asalam o alikum,

So it was indeed the paid subscription issue :slight_smile: i signed up for spotify premium now the automation works and plays on my ecodot… jazakAllah for all your help :slight_smile:

now to figure how to play in 4 ecodots :smiley:

Thanks Shamim, tried this and worked for me too :slight_smile:

1 Like

اسلم عليكم ورحمة الله

جزاك الله brother for the work and effort ,

However is it possible to create a UI interface to show the namaz times?

This my UI , hopefully will be helpful

type: glance
entities:

• entity: sensor.fajr_prayer
    format: time
    name: الفجر
  • entity: sensor.dhuhr_prayer
    name: الظهر
  • entity: sensor.asr_prayer
    name: العصر