Adjusting Denon surround channels

I’ve been trying to set up a card so that I can adjust the channel volumes on my receiver using the helper input sliders. I’m stuck at trying to send a command to the receiver I’m not quite sure of the proper syntax. Here’s what I am trying to do.

Here’s the automation that I have so far.

alias: Denon Center Channel
description: Sets the center channel volume -/+12 dB.
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - input_number.denon_center_channel
condition: []
action:
  - service: denonavr.get_command
    data:
      command: >-
        /goform/formiPhoneAppDirect.xml?CVC {{input_number.denon_center_channel
        + 50}}
    target:
      entity_id: media_player.denon_zone_1
mode: single

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

two things I believe are missing…not calling ‘states’ of the sensor and the no-space with CVC
EDIT: or maybe not the space… code pages show a space too

/goform/formiPhoneAppDirect.xml?CVC{{states('input_number.denon_center_channel') + 50}}

You should try this out in Devtools > Services before tweaking automations :slight_smile:

service: denonavr.get_command
data:
    command: /goform/formiPhoneAppDirect.xml?CVC{{states('input_number.denon_center_channel') + 50}}
target:

Thanks for the help! I almost got it working. The problem now is that it’s not sending the input as an intager. My receiver is will not recognize 50.0 as a value. Just need to send the value as an integer. Thank you so much.

Thanks! Finally got it working! Now I can adjust the channels from a card. Just had to convert the value to an intager. Thank you again!

- service: denonavr.get_command
    data:
      command: >-
        /goform/formiPhoneAppDirect.xml?CVFL
        {{states('input_number.denon_left_channel') | int + 50}}
    target:

Hey there!

I’ve been pulling my hair out trying to get this to work.

The Denon App allows me to adjust the channel levels, so I assume I should be able to do it in HA.

I’m pretty novice and know very little about automations or how to add a new card to Lovelace for a custom automation.

Would you mind pasting your code entered in Automations and any other steps I need to take to get a card with the same sliders to adjust channel volume.

Thank you in advance!!

It’s not built in but you can push the appropriate remote codes via XML HTTP requests.

Thanks for your response. Do you have any examples. I’m fairly novice at this.

In Node-RED I have a node that does this (piped into an XML node and then an HTTP post node):

var value = msg.payload ? "1" : "0";
node.status({ fill: "blue", text: "Sub adjust " + msg.payload + " (" + value + ")" });

msg.headers = {
    "Content-Type": "text/xml; charset=\"utf-8\""
};

msg.payload = {
    "tx": {
        "cmd": {
            "$": {
                "id": [1],
            },
            "_": "SetSubwooferLevel"
        },
        "adjust": {
            "_": value
        }
    }
}
return msg;

This is very cool! But, way beyond my scope of abilities with HA.