ADT Pulse integration

Any idea why the sensors don’t set properly based on the portal then? If it’s polling every 5 seconds I’d expect it to resolve almost immediately.

Also, according to my ADT Portal account it logs in every 5 minutes, not every 5 seconds, is it maintaining a session and re-authenticating every 5 minutes?

Correct. It’ll re-auth if it times out. There is a check every 5 seconds, while it’s logged in.
Try to open that door and close. See what comes in the logs. If the door status changes on the portal, it should change in the add on too.
Please note, you can’t double login to the portal. Therefore I suggest you create another username/pass for the Addon if you haven’t already.

I have an ID just for Home Assistant.
Yep, if I close it and then re-open it, I get both events and then it appears properly in the portal.

However, if the sensor is “open” when HA re-starts, all sensors will show as “closed”. So at that point, HA is wrong, the portal is right. It will not recover, unless the sensor changes state, even though I see the broker log into the ADT site.

Everything starts at closed. At boot the addon reads all the sensors from portal and sends it to MQTT. Maybe a config issue?

Is there a way to turn lights on when a door sensor shows open? I tried writing something up and it didn’t want to work so not sure if that is possible or not? Also is there a way to input the alarm code into HA to disarm the system? I would like to make it so its not easily disarmable by just pushing the button.

I have been working on implementing a native Home Assistant ADT Pulse integration, with easy one-click installation using HACS.

This integration is still in “beta” so expect there to be rough edges, but I felt there should be something MUCH simpler than setting up a MQTT instance and all the configuration to get people up and running with integrating their ADT Pulse system.

Here is the example config to get an entire ADT Pulse system showing up with all door/window sensors and the alarm panel. This does not work with ADT Pulse lights or cameras (since I have neither).

adtpulse:
   username: [email protected]
   password: your_password

You can check it out here:

Feel free to contribute bug fixes, etc.

1 Like

Idea is super cool! will check it out.

Hey Ryan! The instructions at the GitHub repo state to install via HACS by loading up the integration repo called “rsnodgrass/hass-sensorpush”. Is that correct? Or should it be rsnodgrass/hass-adtpulse?

rsnodgrass/hass-adtpulse, my mistake! I’ve updated the docs. Thanks Rob for pointing that out, let me know if you have other issues.

Rob, how is it working out?

ryans, this integration is quite solid. I have cameras and lights. I will see if I can produce some code around them.

Ryan, thanks for your integration. I am total novice but got my system up and loaded. My adt setup has a “stay” state instead of “home”. When armed stay, HA reports back the alarm state is unknown, and similarly when sending an “arm home” command, my alarm does not respond. Is there an adjustment in ADT or in my config file to handle? Thanks

I’m getting this up and running and noticed the following messages coming up in the logs:

WARNING (SyncWorker_2) [pyadtpulse] Sync check didn't match expected format, forcing re-authentication and notifying of updates

It doesn’t happen that often, but has happened more than once. Any idea?

In Canada the url is https://portal-ca.adtpulse.com. Is there anyway for me to update the url manually? I can’t seem to find the location of the files.
thanks.

Thanks Ken. I think this is a bug with the integration. Due to being overloaded with work/projects/holidays, I have not had time to dig into bugs yet. Hopefully in a few weeks I can carve out some time.

The URL is not configurable right now, but let me see if there is an easy way to add this.

If you are using HACS, would you mind beta-testing the “master” version of hass-adtpulse? With that test version you should be able to set in your configuration:

adtpulse:
  host: portal-ca.adtpulse.com

Will do. Sorry been busy with work. Hopefully can test on the weekend.

it still seems to be defaulting to portal.adtpulse.com. Log states incorrect username/password and then locks the US URL.
Canadian URL works fine, so must still be trying to connect to U.S. site.

I had the new custom component working through HACS for a while, but I am now getting this error and the Alarm Control Panel is no longer showing up in my devices. My motion sensor and door sensors are all still working and I can see the component logging in when I look at the history in the portal.

2019-12-31 10:53:14 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.alarm_control_panel] Error while setting up platform adtpulse

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 150, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 442, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/adtpulse/alarm_control_panel.py", line 25, in setup_platform
    alarm_devices.append( ADTPulseAlarm(hass, adt_service, site) )
TypeError: Can't instantiate abstract class ADTPulseAlarm with abstract methods supported_features

I need some guidance where to go from here. I have uninstalled restarted and reinstalled the component multiple times. I have also tried master and none of that worked.

EDIT: I am running HASS.IO on raspbian on a RPI4. Home Assistant version 0.103.5.

EDIT: tagging @ryans

1 Like

My alarm control panel will NOT show up in HASS. I have no clue why. My sensors are also not polling/scanning often enough for my preference, my goal is to have alexa announce when the door opens/closes.