πŸ”₯ Advanced Heating Control

i can confirm. With empty adjustments, the valve goes off when windows opens.

I will see if I find a way to validate the adjustements.

1 Like

Δ° have problem timing only first olan is working time is not working

• time: β€œ10:00”
    days:
    • Sat
    • Sun
      comfort: β€œ23”
      eco: β€œ21”
  • time: β€œ17:00”
    days:
    • Sat
    • Sun
      comfort: β€œ23”
      eco: β€œ15”

@tirol3 @bandit79

Bug found & fixed. Just give your adjustments another try.

@tirol3

If you post code here, don’t simply paste it. It gets formatted by the forum software. Use this instead:

1 Like
Δ° re imported and config but now sunday and setting heat 21 but this time must be 23

- time: "07:00"
  comfort: "23"
  eco: "15"
  days:
    - Mon
    - Tue
    - Wed
    - Thu
    - Fri
    - Sat
- time: "08:30"
  comfort: "21"
  days:
    - Mon
    - Tue
    - Wed
    - Thu
    - Fri
    - Sat
- time: "17:00"
  days:
    - Mon
    - Tue
    - Wed
    - Thu
    - Fri
    - Sat
- time: "00:00"
  comfort: "15"
- time: "10:00"
  days:
    - Sat
  comfort: "22"
- time: "09:00"
  days:
    - Sun
  comfort: "21"
- time: "10:00"
  days:
    - Sun

Advanced Heating Control is a blueprint with a lot of great ideas :+1:.
For an alternative that solves some (but not all) of the issues mentioned in this thread, check out Heating X2: Schedule Thermostats with Calendars

Heating X2 features:

• Schedule by calendar: set the temperature of each room with a local calendar and as many heating events as you like
  • Multiple thermostats: One or more thermostats per room: multiple thermostats are synchronised together. Works with smart TRVs, any smart thermostat, or Generic Thermostat
  • Manual override: a change on the thermostat, dashboard or by voice assistant remains in effect for a defined period (default 2 hours)
  • Door or window open: heating turns off heating in the room if any door or window is left open for a defined period (default 3 minutes) – optional list of zero or more closure sensors.
  • Occupancy: heating turns off heating if a room is left unoccupied for a defined period (default 1 hour) – optional list of zero or more motion or human presence sensors.
  • Warmup period: occupancy is ignored for a defined period at the start of a calendar event (default 2 hours)
  • Away mode: set all rooms to a temperature specified per room (default 5C) when there is no one at home
  • Background temperature: used when there is no calendar event (default 5C but specified separately from the frost and away temperatures)
  • Zone control: can switch one or multiple heating zone valves, or a boiler that needs a heat demand switch, based on heat demand from a group of thermostats
  • Notifications: if thermostats do not respond to a new setting, go offline, or come back online
  • Battery-efficient: conserves TRV battery life by only transmitting real changes
  • Code generator: uses mail merge (!) to automatically generate YAML code for helpers, timers, template sensors, groups, automations, and dashboard cards from a single EXEL spreadsheet that lists zones, rooms and thermostats

@panhans
Looks good. Window detection works as expected and comfort temp will set correctly. Good job mate :+1:

1 Like

Yes, but as @tirol3 mentioned there is still a bug in the logic. Will fix that soon. Meanwhile the proximity integration getas another update and a breaking change. Hopefully the last one. :wink:

2 Likes

@tirol3 just give it another try. I simplyfied logic a lot. My tests were promising now.

Now all features are working. Window detection and comfort temp set at heating plan works as well

1 Like

Now seems normal i am trying thanks

1 Like

Hope so! Looking forward to replace v3 soon. I feel very comfortable with new code base. It makes debugging much easier for everyone.
Just wonder which issues left over now. :thinking:

1 Like

Can you add a β€œaway temp” to the Feature list too?

1 Like

Do you prefer a separate temperature helper? Maybe it can be solved with an offset that gets added to the current comfort temperature.

1 Like

Hmm thats now a good Question, and the choice make it harder :slight_smile:
Both Feature has his own advantage.
Before your Question i say helper, so i must stay to him :joy:

I am not sure. Just thought since with heating adjustments the comfort can be variable its maybe better to go with a negative offset. So it gets lowered by X degrees. Just a thought but no must.

Yeah your right, this feature is nice too, thats why im begin to strugeling :laughing:
Im OK with one of them, which one, i give in your Hand :wink:

1 Like

@tirol3 would be great if you report back if the adjustment feature is working for you. Maybe you leave something running until tomorrow evening and watch the whole thing.

i am using at my home i will set config and waiting

1 Like

:tada: :fire: Advanced Heating Control v4 :fire: :tada:

Hey,

I just decide to release the final version of AHCv4. :wink:
For everyone who’s coming from v3 just disable your old automations and setup your new automations with the v4 blueprint.

If you encounter bugs, or you just have questions and ideas feel free to give feedback or open issues on my github repo.

So, happy heating @all and many thanks to all testers and everyone who supported me!

Best regards,

panhans

//EDIT: I try to mention all users who were active here a lot. But it’s only limited to 10 users in a post. So I just wrote your usernames without the @. Don’t be angry if I forgotten you. I will continue to add to the list. Thank you guys!

//EDIT: How to update when coming from v4 test version?

7 Likes