๐Ÿ”ฅ Advanced Heating Control

The call before was 10 minutes before. Did you identify the problem by now?

Tado support is really useless. They ask me for a bunch of photos of the thermostat. I really hate the attitude of this company. They treat their customers like they are idiots instead of communicating properly.

For now the blueprint is designed to hold a minimum temperature if scheduler is off. But if requested I would add a tweak option into the blueprint settings to turn climates off instead of lowering the temperature. I would add this to the v3 test version. I think itโ€™s pretty stable now and so I can going to release it these days.

The problem is firmware related. (๐Ÿ”ฅ Advanced Heating Control - #219 by dario2)

But with the v3 version of this blueprint you can reduce calibrating significantly.

That would be amazing if you could add that feature please.
I absolutely love everything else about this blueprint, itโ€™s exactly what Iโ€™ve been looking for, great job on it!

1 Like

Iโ€™ve implemented the option in v3 test version. Feel free to test an report back.

1 Like

Thank you! So far setup and working nicely, exactly how I hoped!

1 Like

Hi together,

today I want to share the new version of my Advanced Heating Control Blueprint.

:fire: ADVANCED HEATING CONTROL v3 :fire:

Core Features

• heating based on a scheduler, presence of persons and/or presence sensor
  • window open / TRV off
  • party mode
  • guest mode (if nobody is home who activates heating automatically)
  • winter mode: enable / disable the automation itself
  • holiday mode: provide a 2nd holiday scheduler
  • trv calibration by an external temperature sensor
  • several tweaks for fixing your TRV issues

New in version 3.0

• Guest Mode can be timer
  • multiple windows / doors possible
  • calibration only triggers when external sensor or current temperature of trv gets updated - not time based anymore
  • adjustable calibration
  • comfort temperature can be set in automation or by an input_number
  • party mode overrides all other settings
  • simplified and more functional presence detection
  • presence detection only possible
  • option to set climates off instead of minmum temperature
  • several tweaks under the hood to prevent flooding zigbee mesh and reducing service calls

Additional Information

Version: 3.0
Help & FAQ: Advanced Heating Control
Debug Configuration: blueprints.panhans.heatingcontrol: debug

Breaking Changes

Thanks for testing, reporting and debugging to everyone especially: @sben, @sourdistorne, @dario2 , @coldspark29 , @technikhaus

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

2 Likes

Hi panhans,

first thanks for your work. Really great blueprint. On your recent ones i got the problem, that my Thermostat stucks on minimum Temperature. I have no presense sensor only a schedule and a magnetic sensor. Schedule is set right (on) and the Windows is closed. On your older Versions (march 2023) it works fine and im still using it. Any ideas what causes this?

Kind Regards
Sebastian

1 Like

For me it works in that minimal configuration. Did you also specified at least one person? Could you provide the trace log please?

1 Like

Hi,

thanks for the fast reply. I thought this is optional as mentioned in the blueprint. I set one and now it seems to work. Thank you very much :smiley:

1 Like

Yes itโ€™s optional in order to use presence sensor only. But scheduled heating is only working in combination with at least one person. Maybe I should change this if no person is specified. Will add it to my fix list vor version 3.0.1. Thanks for your feedback!

1 Like

@panhans Thanks for your work and integrating all our wishes.
Make it sense to integrate a external time scheduler (HA helper) that heats in this time also when im not at home. My sleeping room for example should not heat when im at home but between 21:00 and 22:00 and then go back to the minimal temp. i hope you understand what i mean, my english is bad ^^

so sometimes the present function is not enough

The blueprint Update for v3 comes automatically?

You can use party mode or guest mode for this use case. Guest mode โ€œsimulatesโ€ if someone is at home and party mode simply activates heating. Both can be set up by a timer.

1 Like

V3 Up and running - great job!

How is presence measured? I have now switched to aqara motion sensors with a low occupancy timeout (with hardware hack down to 5 secs).

Now the motion sensors could detect several motions within a minute, but has it to register a constant 1 or 2 minutes of motion in order to trigger (therefore I have to set/extend the occupancy timeout)? In this case, a binary would be nice to control it.

Then I could count the number of motions (for example in a timeframe of 1-2 minutes) and switch on the binary and trigger the automation.

1 Like

Yes, exactly it must hold the state for that duration. There are two options since a motion sensor is not the same as a presence sensor with mmwave:

1. I can add a second slider to have the option to lower the timings.

2. You can debounce the motion sensor as you said. The motion sensor is also a binary_sensor with device_class motion. If you define your template sensor based on your motion sensor just set the device_class to presence and you are good to go.

1 Like

I have, this morning, Installed the full version 3 of the blueprint. Unfortunately calibration appears to have stopped working as it was in the beta (now removed).

The delta is beyond what is set in the automation of 0.5 degrees, even going as much as 1.5 degrees difference

Iโ€™ve tried a few things such as reloading the configurations even restarting HA and neither seem to have an effect.

I have Tado valves and Aqara temperature sensors.

Could you provide a trace log? For me it works as expected. The smaller the delta the more often the calibration is triggered. You can force the calibration trigger by setting the temperature in dev settings manually or simply hold the sensor in your hands.

A second slider would be great! I will also experiment with a mmwave presence sensor in the future. I will test the debouce option as well.

1 Like

Thank you! Some people in my household like to use the valves if they want to raise temperature, but itโ€™s usually not need for the whole day, so this would be appreciated!

Thanks!

1 Like

Nice! It would have been convenient for it to have a different file name so that we can save it and migrate the old automations, no? Not very experimented, so I might be wrong.

I believe a holiday temperature could be useful.

Thanks for all this!

1 Like