🔥 Advanced Heating Control

You defined persons and no scheduler. So heating is always enabled if someone is at home. If temperature shall be set to min also if someone is at home you have to define a scheduler as your heating plan.

But additionally I defined a presence scheduler, right? So the minimum temperature should be set, if the presence scheduler is on?

No, just delete your person from your configuration. Person is home = heating is on.

You can setup heating by scheduler, presence detection or if someone is home or not. You can combine all 3 ways in your setup but if one component is true your automation set comfort temperature.

Thats why you can setup scheduler for presence detection or somebody home detection to black out time windows. I don’t know what you want to archive. Are you going to use presence detection only or do you have time windows where you want to use a scheduler?

1 Like

Here is a test version with an implemented Comfort Temperature Plan. Now you are able to setup different comfort temperature values depending on time.

Let me know if it fits for you!

1 Like

Hello, i have set up the automation and set a External Temperatur Sensor nonetheless the automation does not care about that sensor and keeps going even if the comfort temperature is reached

alias: Bagno - temperatura
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: panhans/heating_control.yaml
  input:
    input_trvs:
      - climate.netatmo_smart_thermostat
    input_temperature_comfort_static: 18
    input_temperature_minimum: 12
    input_temperature_sensor: sensor.temperatura_bagno_temperatura
    input_calibration_timeout: 30
    input_off_instead_min: true
    input_scheduler_regular: schedule.bagno_caldo

Am i missing something?

Does the trv integration provide a calibration number entity or a service for calibration? Just have a look into the device overview of you trv.

I’m not sure, it’s an aquara temperature sensor

The temperature sensor is only one part. Your valve has to support calibration.

I’m not sure it does. I’ll explain the situation: the thermostat is in a room but i need another one to be monitored, so i have the temp sensor in that room and i need that temp sensor to be the one controlling the automation, is it possible?

I think I don’t get it. :rofl:

The temperature sensor helps to balance the differences between room and valve temperature.

Atm only Tado and generic implementation are supported. Mine looks like this:

There is a entity linked with the device mostly named something with offset or calibration.

An offset calculation for TRVs without that feature is planed for the next major release.

I have an automation running v3.2 in my office with the following configuration:

description: “office heating”
use_blueprint:
path: panhans/heating_control.yaml
input:
input_trvs:
- climate.office_2
input_temperature_minimum: 12
input_temperature_comfort_static: 12
input_temperature_comfort: input_number.comfort_temperature_2
input_persons:
- person.sourdistorne
input_windows:
- binary_sensor.lumi_lumi_sensor_magnet_aq2_opening
input_presence_sensor: binary_sensor.presence_sensor_fp2_178c_presence_sensor_1
input_temperature_sensor: sensor.lumi_lumi_weather_temperature_4
input_windows_reaction_time: 60
input_presence_reaction_off_time: 1
input_presence_reaction_on_time: 1

This works fine i.e home office heating is only switched on when presence is detected in home office and I am at home.

Version 3.5 however seems to have broken this and heating is permanently on when I am home regardless of presence in the office. Is this a change introduced in v3.5? Ideally I’d like to keep the ‘person’ option as I don’t want heating to be triggered unless the likelihood that it is me in the office and not anyone else or any of the family pets.

1 Like

Yes, thats is the wanted behavior. Somebody reported this to me. Presence detection stands for its own and isn’t related to persons. So, there are two option:

1. you combine your presence sensor in a template sensor with your person
  2. I add an option to activate presence only if somebody is home.

Sry, for that. For some people it’s a bug and for others a feature.

//EDIT: I will add an option later this day. :wink:

1 Like

I’ll try to explain better:

• i have a thermostat in room A
  • temp sensor in room B

I need the automation to check the temp sensor in room B and if temperature is lower than X than start the thermostat in room A

1. Go to helper section
  2. create a new template sensor (replace 18 with your threshold)

{{ states('sensor.your_temp_sensor') | float(18) < 18 }}

1. create an automation for room A
  2. setup minimum and comfort temperature
  3. choose your template sensor in the presence sensor field
1 Like

I would have never thought of this on my own, thanks

What’s the best way now to make so it does not turn on the heating too much when temperature is around 18 degrees? Presence Reaction On Time right?

Can i for example set it to 19 as a target, but that will only turn on when it’s below 18? not sure putting 19 as a comfort would work, because if the sensor is above 18 it would turn off shutting heating

Could you check if it works for you? I’ve added an option to make presence detection depended to persons home.

:fire: ADVANCED HEATING CONTROL v3.6 :fire:

1 Like

Good morning @panhans I’ve tested this today through dev tools to mimic away from home with the following results:

Away Mode = Not_Home
Presence = Off
Result = No Heating - As expected

Away Mode = Not_Home
Presence = On
Result = No Heating - As expected

Away Mode = Home
Presence = Off
Result = Heating - Not as expected

Away Mode = Home
Presence = On
Result = Heating - As expected (however the result above would indicate that this is triggered on Away state and not Presence)

The tests above all had the new ‘Presence Detection When Home’ switch set to On.

Happy to run more tests if required.

1 Like

Just check out the latest version. Thank you for testing. I simulated it in my testing environment. I think now it works as expected.

1 Like

Quick question, just to make sure things are working okay.

I’m using the Better Thermostat frontend card to display heating status (I’m not using the Better Thermostat Integration).

When my heating is controlled by the Tado schedule the card looks like this:

When heating is being controlled by your blueprint with a HA schedule, it looks like this:

Everything works as it should, I just wonder why it shows that the heating is always on rather than on a schedule, which it is?

Here is another room in which the heating schedule is off.

1 Like