🔥 Advanced Heating Control

Could you try the different commands to set hvac mode? Meanwhile I upload another try. Just try to set hvac mode once with mode Heat and heat.

Uf now you’ve caught me on the left leg, I don’t know exactly what you mean by hvac. Can you explain to me in more detail where I can find this. I am already using v4.0.2 without the function working positively.

I think he mean you should try both via Service (dev Tools)

I’ve completedly lost track of what’s been developed in this Blueprint since I first started using it :roll_eyes:

I’m currently using v3.7.3. If I want to update to v4, do I just do as you say above? Sorry to ask the daft laddie question. I just want to be sure :+1:

Thanks

Yes, Just be Sure that you have save/Screenshot your config

In the newest version the “Window & Door Reaction Time Close” is not working anymore.

1 Like

also have the following erros in my log:

Logger: blueprints.panhans.heatingcontrol
Source: components/system_log/__init__.py:306
First occurred: 9:32:08 AM (355 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:58:05 PM

AHC REF TRIGGER is_calibration: True is_changes: False is_manual: False is_reset: False is_refresh_comfort_entity: False proximity: is_somebody_on_way_home_state: False proximity_entities: [] entry: None entry_time: entry_comfort_temp: None new_comfort_temperature: None is_refresh_comfort_entity: False state_mode_winter: True state_mode_party: False state_mode_guest: False state_outside_temp: True state_force_max_temperature: False state_window: False state_temperature_comfort: 21.0 active_scheduler: schedule.heizung_scheduler is_person_based: True is_anybody_home: True is_somebody_on_way_home_state: False is_presence_sensor_defined: False is_presence_scheduler_defined: False state_presence_sensor: False state_presence_scheduler: False is_presence_on: False is_scheduled_heating: True state_scheduler: True is_scheduled_heating_on: True is_somebody_on_way_home: False is_frost_protection: False state_temperature_min: 18.0 set_comfort: True mode: heat temperature: 21.0 is_manual_change: False is_manual_timer_start: False is_calibration: True changes: {} valves_tado: [] calibration_tado: {} valves_xiaomi: ['climate.wohnzimmer_thermostat'] calibration_xiaomi: {'number.wohnzimmer_thermostat_external_temperature_input': [{'value': 21.0, 'valve': 'climate.wohnzimmer_thermostat'}]} valves_external_sensor: [] calibration_external_sensor: {} valves_calibration_common: ['climate.esszimmer_thermostat'] calibration_common: {} is_heating: True is_metric: True
AHC REF CALIBRATION calibration entity: number.wohnzimmer_thermostat_external_temperature_input offset: 21.0
AHC REF change_count: 0 changes: {}
AHC REF TRIGGER is_calibration: True is_changes: False is_manual: False is_reset: False is_refresh_comfort_entity: False proximity: is_somebody_on_way_home_state: False proximity_entities: [] entry: None entry_time: entry_comfort_temp: None new_comfort_temperature: None is_refresh_comfort_entity: False state_mode_winter: True state_mode_party: False state_mode_guest: False state_outside_temp: True state_force_max_temperature: False state_window: False state_temperature_comfort: 21.0 active_scheduler: schedule.heizung_scheduler is_person_based: True is_anybody_home: True is_somebody_on_way_home_state: False is_presence_sensor_defined: False is_presence_scheduler_defined: False state_presence_sensor: False state_presence_scheduler: False is_presence_on: False is_scheduled_heating: True state_scheduler: True is_scheduled_heating_on: True is_somebody_on_way_home: False is_frost_protection: False state_temperature_min: 18.0 set_comfort: True mode: heat temperature: 21.0 is_manual_change: False is_manual_timer_start: False is_calibration: True changes: {} valves_tado: [] calibration_tado: {} valves_xiaomi: ['climate.wohnzimmer_thermostat'] calibration_xiaomi: {'number.wohnzimmer_thermostat_external_temperature_input': [{'value': 21.0, 'valve': 'climate.wohnzimmer_thermostat'}]} valves_external_sensor: [] calibration_external_sensor: {} valves_calibration_common: ['climate.esszimmer_thermostat'] calibration_common: {'number.esszimmer_thermostat_local_temperature_calibration': [{'value': -0.9, 'valve': 'climate.esszimmer_thermostat'}]} is_heating: True is_metric: True
AHC REF CALIBRATION calibration entity: number.esszimmer_thermostat_local_temperature_calibration offset: -0.9

I’m using Door/Window sensors with version 4 and they are working fine for me.

No errors just log entries. You can kick out the debug entry in you configuration.yaml if you configured it and set the log level to debug in your blueprint configuation settings.

I am sorry atm I am fighting with fever. Just give me some time. I will be right backt.

i already removed the debug level in the configuration.yaml and set it in the blueprint.

No worries - get well soon.

Hi,
first of all, thanks very much for the great work and get well soon!

I’ve been using v3.7.3 happily for a while and moved my setup (which is rather simple) to v4.0.2 applying the same config.

Since then I have the odd issue that once I change the termperature setting locally on the thermostats, once the respective automation is triggered the next time (typically like a minute later or so) it changes the set value back to the one from the schedule. This hadn’t been the case before. I’ve added a trace of such an event. Did I configure something incorrectly maybe?

Thanks
jonathanarcher

Trace after local temp change

Trace after automatic setback

I think you had enabled the experimental feature physical temperature change. It’s currently disabled in your configuration.

@Mar1us I will dm you when I’m feeling better. Do you need the old blueprint temporarily?

just dm me whenever you feel better. There is no need for the old one.

Same problem here since updating to 4.0 (running 4.0.2 currently).
The specified comfort temperature input number jumps back to eco temperature when changing the temperature of the TRV. And the party timer doesn’t start, even though the option is enabeld.
The physical temperature change option is enabled too.

And some errors in the logs:

Logger: homeassistant.components.automation.heizung_ahc_flur
Source: helpers/script.py:1805
Integration: Automatisierung (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12. Februar 2024 um 00:05:55 (9 occurrences)
Last logged: 00:06:25

Heizung: AHC Flur: Choose at step 3: choice 2: If at step 2: Error executing script. Error rendering template for variables at pos 1: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'
Heizung: AHC Flur: Choose at step 3: choice 2: Error executing script. Error rendering template for if at pos 2: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'
Heizung: AHC Flur: Error executing script. Error rendering template for choose at pos 3: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'
Logger: homeassistant.components.automation.heizung_ahc_wohnzimmer
Source: helpers/script.py:1805
Integration: Automatisierung (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:37:05 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:37:05

Heizung: AHC Wohnzimmer: Choose at step 3: choice 2: If at step 2: Error executing script. Error rendering template for variables at pos 1: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'
Heizung: AHC Wohnzimmer: Choose at step 3: choice 2: Error executing script. Error rendering template for if at pos 2: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'
Heizung: AHC Wohnzimmer: Error executing script. Error rendering template for choose at pos 3: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'

Did you set a entity for comfort temperature?

A trace when the error occurs would be helpful. Feels like your thermostat is at some point stateless so this error gets fired.

Spooky is claiming an error with tado integration for your automation if tado is not in use (which is very uncommon i guess)

Yes you‘re right. Apparently I forgot to tick the box. However, even if it is activated, the behavior is the same. The same happens btw. when I set the temperature via the thermostat card in HA.

At least you need input number entities for comfort and if you like eco temperature. I will revise this in near future.