Advanced medication reminder

A big thanks for the integration and all the support.
I’ve mine with two periods over the day, all perfect.

I need to find a way for a loudly alarm that can’t be dismissed without a tag (or not without manual actions in Home Assistant at least, to cover all scenarios lol)

Hi,
i used this code to implement my home assistant, but i would like the drug notification to arrive on monday, wednesday, friday, i am a beginner, can you help me? thank you

Use this:

thanks for the reply,
I tried that code, but it gives me the possibility to select only one day of the week, I would like to select 3, thanks again

Hello @Mati24, thank you for sharing this blueprint.
I use it for a couple of day’s now using my android tablet. Also it is now reminding me via my media-players of the need of my med’s.

Sadly there is small annoying thing, when i accidentally on the notification then it is gone, and i cant tell the reminder that i indeed took my med’s. Some other notifications you cant close, is there a way to enable this for this notification.

I have also something to wish for, could it be possible to run the same notification on multiple devices, and not only on android or iOS. But also something like a switchpanel etc. or just a button to indicate that the med’s are taken?

Let me know what is possible.

Hello

If you want to do it manually, add the input_boolean entity in your dashboard and set it to "on" (with the entity card by example)

If you want to run on multiple device, you can edit the blueprint and multiplicate this part

- device_id: !input notify_device
          domain: mobile_app
         tag: !input input_boolean

each time, choose a differente value for notify_device like notify_device_2, add this new input variable in the input: part, and now you can add a second device

1 Like

Gist for the iOS Version of this awesome Blueprint!
@ZeStoneGeek @Mati24

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

1 Like

Thanks for your work and your time with this blueprint.

The Dashboard integration works very well.

Editing your blueprint is for me just a bridge to far atm. Still learning the basics.

hi,
who can help me, I would like to add to project the conditions for choosing the days of the week, I tried with the following changes but it doesn’t work, help me please, thank you

blueprint:
name: Advanced medication reminder
description: Ricevi notifiche avanzate e cronologia per il promemoria dei farmaci
domain: automation
input:
reminder_time:
name: Reminder time
description: A che ora vuoi ricevere il promemoria
selector:
time: {}
monday:
name: Monday
default: false
selector:
boolean:
tuesday:
name: Tuesday
selector:
boolean:
wednesday:
name: Wednesday
selector:
boolean:
thursday:
name: Thursday
selector:
boolean:
friday:
name: Friday
selector:
boolean:
saturday:
name: Saturday
selector:
boolean:
sunday:
name: Sunday
selector:
boolean:
variables:
mon: !input monday
tue: !input tuesday
wed: !input wednesday
thu: !input thursday
fri: !input friday
sat: !input saturday
sun: !input sunday
days: [mon, tue, wed, thu, fri, sat, sun]

notify_device:
name: Notification
description: il dispositivo deve eseguire l’app Home Assistant ufficiale per ricevere le notifiche
selector:
device:…

Maybe I have the same problem:

I have two automations for one medication that i need to give twice a day and two more for two different meds.

I get reminders at the right time, but when I drop the actions and select “Administered” (my replacement for default “Taken”, I still get reminders every half hour for each automation.

So right now i am receiving four reminders every 30 minutes for meds I have already administered.

It seems the “Taken” status is not recognised

did you replace all taken mention in the blueprint ?

can you put the code in a code bloc please ?
in the blueprint, between trigger: and mode: blocks, maybe you can add:

trigger:

condition:
   - condition: time
      weekday:
        - mon
        - tue
        - wed

mode: restart

thank you! I updated the first post to specify android and ios version (available on the repo too)

I believe I did. I’ve changed it back to default yesterday, but the behaviour is the same

Ok, thanks, I’ll try now, but if I wanted to put the choice of days in the menu to create the automation, how does it happen for the hour? Thanks again

Template variable error: 'None' has no attribute 'event' when rendering '{{ wait.trigger.event.data.action == 'taken' }}'
Template variable error: 'None' has no attribute 'event' when rendering '{{ wait.trigger.event.data.action == 'later' }}'
Template variable error: 'None' has no attribute 'event' when rendering '{{ wait.trigger.event.data.action == 'skip' }}'

Hi did you find a solution to this error. I have the same. Thank You

android or ios ?

Ios and Android . Happens when you do not reply

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.script
Source: helpers/script.py:409
First occurred: 16:12:00 (12 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:27:02

Error in 'choose[0]' evaluation: In 'template' condition: UndefinedError: 'None' has no attribute 'event'
Logger: homeassistant.helpers.template
Source: helpers/template.py:536
First occurred: 16:12:00 (12 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:27:02

Template variable error: 'None' has no attribute 'event' when rendering '{{ wait.trigger.event.data.action == 'taken' }}'
Template variable error: 'None' has no attribute 'event' when rendering '{{ wait.trigger.event.data.action == 'later' }}'
Template variable error: 'None' has no attribute 'event' when rendering '{{ wait.trigger.event.data.action == 'skip' }}'

Thank You

This issue as been fixed