Advanced Mode - Sidebar not changed

Hi All,

I am the admin of my home assistant environment and I activate the Advanced Mode in my toggle
but in the Sidebar there is no change in menu or something else.
How can I get back my rider add-on as an example?

Actual I am not able to install any add-ons because the rider is invisible and to active the toggle shows no
new sidebar entry.

Any ideas how can I activate?

Best Regards,
Thorsten

Hi Thor!

Try clearing your browsers cache and see how that goes :wink:

I deleted the cache and history but nothing happend.
There is still no new sidebar entry.

Any ideas?

1 Like

Nobody have an ideas?

In chrome? F12 then right click refresh icon and select Empty Cache & Hard Reload (No shortcut for that function)

1 Like

I see no sidebar entries on Firefox and Safari.

1 Like

I have a similar problem I can’t find any info about. My advanced mode switch simply doesn’t work. I can turn it on/off for a user but that doesn’t affect the UI in configuration->general. Any ideas?

i have the same problem.

Was this ever resolved?
I have the same problem on a fresh docker install

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. I’m on an RPi 4, HassOS 4.8. I noticed it only seems to affect my Add-On Store. I am able to perform other ‘advanced’ tasks such as checking my config file and rebooting different integrations, etc.

I was able to find a solution to this thanks to Vincent from Discord. You’ll need to connect to the command line of your HomeAssistant, in my case connecting directly to the Pi - since I don’t have access to SSH addons. Login by typing root as username. No password.

Type in

addons reload

Voila! It works for me now.

Hope this helps others.

Docker issue people: there is no supervisor on docker.

2 Likes