Advancing my blueprint - some questions

Hi there,

first of all, this is the blueprint i want to advance.

My next idea is to change the logic of the blueprint a little bit.
At the moment it is this way:

trigger (to “on”) → choose with everything needed there → wait for next trigger (to “off”) → choose with everything needed there

My plan is to do it this way:

Multiple triggers → Choose with even more conditions (maybe nested choose)

This is because i have some ideas i want to include in this blueprint but they need additional triggers and adding additional triggers with the current flow seems not so good. At least for me.

The first addional triggers i want to add is a time trigger. The blueprint can use an ambient light in a selected time frame i want this blueprint also to be able to turn on/off the ambient light at this times.

Unfortunately i can not use something simple like this:

- platform: time
      at: !input time_scene_ambient_start

because mapping values are not allowed there.

So is my options are sensor.date or just let it run every minute, correct?
Letting it run every minute seems easier to implement at the first glance but feels so wrong.
Would that be considered bad practice?

Also i am not really sure if getting all this stuff in on blueprint (i have more ideas) is really a good idea, but i want to try. For myself i can have then one blueprint for every area of lights and do not need aditional automations and maybe someelse else can use it too :slight_smile:

Effectively, that’s the approach I used to implement motion-controlled lighting. Here’s a stripped-down example:

- alias: 'Bathroom example'
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.bathroom
    to: 'on'
  - platform: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.bathroom
    to: 'off'
    for: '00:02:00'
  condition: 
... etc ...

The action’s choose determines which trigger occurred and proceeds accordingly.

Thanks for your reply.
Then this is one of the things I will do next.