Advice how to load sensor info from Plugwise Anna thermostat web interface XML

Plugwise informed me of something of interest for the legacy Anna (firmware 1.8) users:

During 2020 all legacy Anna’s that are not obtained via NLE will be upgraded to firmware 4.x.
I’ve heard from a few users that their legacy Anna is already no longer legacy as they are on the intermediate firmware version 3.1.11.

For Anna’s obtained via NLE please go here: https://www.plugwise.com/nl_NL/anna-verlengen

1 Like

And for those of you waiting for it … 0.111 is out and Plugwise Adam/Anna/P1 are (should?) be happily working for all of you - do read the breaking section of the release notes of HA-core 0.111.

If you are/were still on ‘just Anna’ and HA 0.110 or earlier, beware that entity names (ie. climate.something) has changed and we do split across multiple platforms (climate.anna, sensor.anna_outdoor_temperature, switch.cv_pomp, etc. etc.) now.

If you are willing to help out, please respond in the above topic, not here.

hi,

after updating to ha 113 a new integration Plugwise is discovered,

while Plugwise was already installed and working correctly:

Schermafbeelding 2020-07-23 om 23.28.24

Is this a new integration, or a bug :wink:

There is - unfortunately - no generic way to recognize them from eachother, so it will discover it if you already manually configured it. So you can safely click ignore :slight_smile:

Or, to avoid problems in the future, delete the present Plugwise Integration and add it again via the discovered Integration.

Well, it was already configured via the integration, not manually.

Ok will try :wink: hope the renaming will be easier now, because I use quite a few template sensors based on this integration…

thanks for both your responses!

btw, still no % showing as icon for the modulation?

Any error/warning in Logs? There was some note about changed icon-names in 0.113.0
According to the plugwise-code in HA Core, there should be an mdi:percent icon.

No, nothing, just gave it another restart to be sure, but sill no icon %

It’s a bug, I’m also not seeing the valve-icon for my valve-position-sensor.

Please create an Issue for this in the HA Core github.

consider it done: no % icon for Plugwise auxiliary modulation level · Issue #38238 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

We should probably call this a bug. Tom and I have discussed this and we have a plan on how to fix this.
You can help us get the fix into HA Core by reporting this as an Issue :slight_smile:

And, please don’t link to this topic in an Issue, let’s keep the discussions in Issues and in this topic, separated.

Configured via the integrations is what I meant by adding it manually :slight_smile:

And just to be clear, it’s an inconvenience and we’re indeed looking in to it :slight_smile:

A question: is there anyone that has a legacy Anna that is still on firmware 1.8?

Does zeroconf-discovery work with the HA Core Plugwise component, in Core v0.113?

Hey,

I am trying to install the latest version 0.6.0 of the plugwise beta component.
As stated in the release notes, I removed the repository from HACS and tried to reinstall it.
I am getting a red piece of text before the installation modal disappears.
In the logs I can see that that message is: “No content to download”
I also tried to remove the integration. That didn’t fix the problem unfortunately.
How do I install the latest version of the component?

Mm apparently I had to restart Home Assistant after removing the repository in order for it to install again.

Ok, thanks. I’ll add this info to the release notes.

1 Like

just reporting the modulation icon is still incorrect, using HA 114 now and the core integration. hasn’t this been merged yet: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/36669 and https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/36815