Advice needed - migrating to HA and new Z-Wave controller

Hi all

I’m just getting started with Home Assistant, looking to migrate from my old, half-hearted Domoticz setup.
I’m a little confused on the approach to migrate my Z-Wave network, I would be very grateful for any pointers!

I’ve already got HA up and running on a Rasperry Pi 4, and I have just purchased a Zooz 800/ZST39 USB Controller, (the old Z-Stick is incompatible with the Pi 4).
I have Z-Wave JS UI running, to the point of recognising the Zooz controller.

Current Z-Wave setup:
Primary Controller: Aeotec Z-Stick 5, in very old Raspberry Pi, running Domoticz
Secondary Controller: Z-Wave add-on module in home alarm (it commands lights in response to PIR sensors)
5x Aeotec ZW111 Nano dimmers
1x Fibaro FGBS001 Universal Binary sensor

I’d like to replace the existing Primary Controller with the new Zooz stick on the Raspberry Pi4 running HA.

Plan is then to get rid of the old Pi/Domoticz.
The alarm with Z-wave add-on will remain for now, but will probably be ditched in the next few months - I’d like it to still control lights in the meantime. If I can avoid having to do any reconfiguration on this unit, so much the better as it’s not very straightforward from memory.

Is there a easy/simple way to do this ? Ideally without having to exclude/include each node individually.

Have read about “controller shift” but wasn’t sure if this is possible via HA and/or the Zooz stick.

Thanks for any help!

What is the old stick? (exact make/model/firmware - it matters as to what’s possible) which version of the aeotek zstick 5 (i think I know based on the Pi comment but please confirm)

Hi Nathan.

Domoticz reports it as a AEON Labs ZW090 Z-Stick Gen 5 EU.

Not sure yet how to check the firmware version, any idea how I’d find out from Raspian commandline ?

Many thanks for your help!

No problem…

So interestingly enough this: Zwave - Domoticz
Says: From Domoticz 2024.1 you are advised to use Zwave-JS-UI autodiscover with standard Domoticz MQTT Auto Discover client Gateway.

So how are you running Zwave now with that controller?

With OpenZWave :slight_smile: