Aeon z stick gen5 on hassio

Hi,
are you able to install aeon z stick gen5 on HASSIO, and how do you do ?. Only hassio.
Or, end with HASSIO and start with hassbian.

Yes, I have one myself. Trickiest part is to know which USB you connect the stick to. Then you simply add this line of code to your configuration.yaml file:

#Z-Wave
zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0

Once done, restart HA and you should be good.
When I first started with the Aeon stick I read some posts stating not to use the pairing button on the stick to add devices, for me the pairing button works just fine to add devices and they show up in HA without a hitch.

Thanks ,

in my configuration.yaml file is:

Z-Wave support

Z-Wave:
usb_path: / dev / ttyACM0
debug: true
network_key: “0xA5, 0xDC, 0x21, 0xE1, 0xB6, 0x1D, 0x26, 0xAA, 0x15, 0x47, 0xE9, 0x12, 0x9F, 0x46, 0x1D, 0x5A”

are correct?

My understanding is that the only way to do leverage secure connections is to use the secure add from within HA, not from the Zwave stick. The other challenge I have seen reported in the forum is where the device id increments (/dev/ttyACM1 , ACM2, …) when it is removed and hot plugged. This could have been an isolated cases or resolved in newer OS releases, I don’t know.

Thanks,
Christian

I did not get started zwave aeotec tried everything but i give up .
Not so good explanations about this, I’m sorry i change to something else.
No more Hassio!

Sorry to hear that, HA is a great platform but I do agree that it might not be for everyone.

Why do I get an invalid path error with this?

Make sure your pointing your config to the correct USB port.

Your dongle may enumerate USB on dev node labelled /dev/ttyACM0 or /dev/ttyUSB0 (probably the latter). You can run ls /dev/tty* in the shell and see what’s there…if using docker you’ll want to get a shell of the container using something like docker exec -it <container> /bin/bash.

For those wanting to use secure connections with devices that support it… You don’t necessarily need to use the HA interface for “adding secure node” (although this does work). The crucial part is to make sure you follow the zwave component’s documentation to add the network_key as @chris4 noted. This key is passed to the daemon/dongle for use.

Lastly, @chris4, make sure you do not have spaces in your zwave usb_path.