Aeotec MultiSensor 6 Configuration

yeah that is what I did as well

1 Like

Great knowledge sharing here!
As a user with quite a few aeotec sensors, I don’t really want to have to disassociate and reassosciate them all unless it’s necessary/advantageous - I would have to change lots of entity Id data in my configuration.
can anyone chime in with the practical value of secure vs unsecure pairing?

Hey there, I can tell you that in order to do the secure pairing, the press twice is more like double clicking a mouse. You need to do both clicks in very quick succession. Two presses within “a second” didn’t cut it for me. You’ll know it’s included as secure when you get a couple of blue flashes, right after the “double click”, not just green.

i have the same issue, the way i have found to do it is to factory reset the device and then do it again, i can change all the values to sensible ones all but the temperature which is on 71,000c and wont let me set the min below 0, i was trying to get temp range -10 to 100c but it wont let me, i managed to get my lux to 0 and 30000 and also uv from 0-11

this sucks…I have 4 of this Multisensor…and I really don’t know what it causes…but from time to time when i use OpenZwave to add or change a device it starts with this behavier…the full house the light get on.

This time 2 out of 4 i had to factory reset to get them back to normal.

This Sucks

@StormStrikes can you please share your config in HA for the multisensors?

I really like your layout, having the values in panels as as opposed to icons at the top.

1 Like

skptic, you would have to create a group, listing the entity ids of anything that you want in panels. Anything that is in a group gets removed from the icons at the top.

Please see here: https://youtu.be/EsBtyF5tZQ4 (shout out to Bruh Automation).

1 Like

@BendedArrow Thanks a lot, looks really tidy!

Sorry to bring up an old one but I have this set up now, zwave aeotec usb + sensor 6 (powered by usb)

Working fine for moisture detection (switching on extractor fan) but the motion detection sensor is a bit slow. Go into the room and it takes maybe 30 secs for light to come on. I have set the “binary sensor report” and the group 1 interval to 15 (via the HA configurator)

After that I’m not really sure what to do?

You probably have a spotty network, check the lastResponseRTT and lastRequestRTT. The values are milliseconds to send/receive data to the sensor, if you’re having something above 1000 (1 second) the only solution is to move the Controller and Sensor closer together.

Actually found them:

lastRequestRTT: 28
lastResponseRTT: 41

Doesnt look like it’s that?

Yes, and it looks like you have excellent connectivity, so this delay is caused by something else.

If anyone new is coming here: This can now be done inside Home Assistant.

https://i.imgur.com/EgQrFTM.png

4 Likes

What does this do again? Just enable a binary sensor for motion sensing? Can you reasonably set the refresh rate low enough that the motion sensor works as most people would want it to? Thanks

Yes, this changes the motion sensor to binary mode such that it could be used with Home Assistant. I don’t know about your problem with a slow response from motion sensor. Mine works fine. Do you run on battery?

there is a sensitivity parameter which goes from 1-5. Check via the zwave management menu that you’ve got it at 5.

edit - it’s ‘command 4: enable motion sensor’ - make sure that is on 5 :slight_smile: