Aeotec Nano Dimmer config - not dimming?

Hi Morten_DK, I would like to know if your Aeotec Nano Dimmer works in the automation for light.turn_on? I got this strange behaviour: if I use the service tab in HA to turn on the light, it works. But with the same light.turn_on service in an automation the light won’t turn on. Executing the automation manually works. I also removed the condition in the automation to test but to no avail. Another automation using light.turn_off works flawlessly though without any issue. I don’t know where to look at the issue. Can you please be so kind to post your automation for the nano dimmer?

Maybe someone here has the same issue and can help me with this? Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks!

If the automation works when manually executed then it sounds like a problem with the trigger or condition. If you post the automation using preformatted text (so we can see the exact indenting) then someone might be able to help

Hi thanks for your response. The automation is working now after I removed the nano dimmer (as last resort) from Z-Wave, factory reset it and added it back (secured). Now it works and doesn’t skip a heartbeat! Light will be turned on within 1 second when motion is detected.

I have since switched to OpenZwave and never looked back… :wink: I am happy with it and my Z-Wave now is rock solid. So glad I am using HA!