Aeotec sensors are not triggering state changes

I have 2x Aeotec ZW100 MultiSensor 6 devices and 1x Aeotec DSB29 Door/Window Sensor (2nd Edition). I added the devices without issue this past weekend. I am switching from a Vera Edge controller.

The devices are listed in the UI as…
Back Door Sensor (Door/Window): Initializing (CacheLoad)
Master Bath Sensor (MultiSensor): Sleeping
Office Sensor (MultiSensor): Sleeping

When the door is opened or closed or the motion sensors sense motion the state does not change. For all sensors I am monitoring the binary_sensor entity.

I was able to get the door sensor to update but that was when I took the device off the door and pressed the zwave button to wake the device.

The temperature sensor components of the MultiSensor are updating every hour.

Have you set the multisensor ‘node config options’ parameter ‘5: command options’ to ‘binary sensor report’?

Oh wow! That was convenient! I changed all 3 sensors so let me see if they report when they wake up.

I’ll report back.

I waited for the burglar sensor of the office to show 0 then I waved my hand. The burglar sensor changed to 8 but the binary sensor did not change.

I pressed the action button on the office sensor and it worked!

I’ll check the back door sensor and see if it works as well.

Also with the Aeotec sensors it helps to keep them plugged into power while doing the configuration, testing, and such (keeps them from going to sleep). I do it in my office, get everything setup/configured then when I move them to my final spot I run a ‘heal network’ so everything get’s sorted out z-wave neighbors wise.

Hooray! I had to hit the action button multiple times but they appear to be working now.

Thanks!