Aeotec wallmote quad zw130

I have been trying to get this config to work but it just creates a string of errors for me.

The config for automations.yaml for me would seem to be:

alias: ToggleMyLight
initial_state: true
trigger:
platform: event
event_type: zwave.scene_activated
event_data:
entity_id": Aeotec ZW130 WallMote Quad
scene_data: 0
scene_id": 1
action:

• data:
    entity_id: light.gateway_light_7811dcaf1c79
    service: light.toggle

I tried removing the extra " after id as they didn’t look correct and tried a few variations without any joy.

After that I have tried using the Z Waze gui and created an automation and tried inserting the information in your config below but without any joy.

• id: ‘1526991370223’
    trigger:
  • event_data: {
    entity_id: Aeotec ZW130 WallMote Quad
    scene_id: 1}
    condition: []
    action:
  • data: {
    entity_id: light.gateway_light_7811dcaf1c79}

Any assistance would be appreciated, this is my first attempt and it all seems quite daunting. I have looked up the cook book example but that is different again.

Thanks.

Quick update from above. I tried this config from another post and it looks better, it doesn’t create the fatal errors that the other one did but still doesn’t work.

• alias: ToggleMyLight
    hide_entity: true
    trigger:
    event_data:
    entity_id: Aeotec ZW130 WallMote Quad
    scene_id: 1
    action:
    data_template:
    entity_id:
    - light.gateway_light_7811dcaf1c79

Your ENTITY ID is correct.

Should be something like:
zwave.aeotec_zw130_wallmote_quad

Ypur Automation would be:

- alias: Toggle My Light
    trigger:
      event_data:
        entity_id: zwave.aeotec_zw130_wallmote_quad
    action:
      service: light_toggle
        data:

Thanks Coolie1101, I tried that but it still didn’t work. That given an error:

Error loading /config/configuration.yaml: mapping values are not allowed here
in “/config/automations.yaml”, line 13, column 13 (directly after data:). I tried replacing with data_template: to make consistent with others and that had no affect. Looks like there is something wrong with the syntax?

For the original change in entity_id for the trigger I tried as you had put but to clarify is that in entry_registry it shows as follows:

switch.switch:
name: WallMote Quad Switch
platform: zwave
unique_id: 2-72057594076282880

light.gateway_light_7811dcaf1c79:
name: Gateway.Light
platform: xiaomi_aqara
unique_id: rgb7811dcaf1c79

Do any of these impact the script?

Look under developer tools <> states, and see what the quad is listed as, looks like you renamed the quad and would need to use the new entity name.

Should start with zwave.xxxx

Also looks like there is a space after data: on line 13.

Post your config.

Checked under Dev tools and entity is shown there as “zwave.aeotec_zw130_wallmote_quad” Thanks for clearing that up.

This is my automation:

trigger:

• platform: event
    event_data:
    action:
    data:

I meant just the Automation

Thanks. I updated my post.

So, is it working now?

Unfortunately not, I have gone backwards somehow.

I can’t get the scene data to come through again in Z

2018-05-24 20:57:46.159 Detail, Node006, Received: 0x01, 0x0b, 0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x06, 0x05, 0x5b, 0x03, 0xe6, 0x00, 0x04, 0x49
2018-05-24 20:57:46.159 Detail,
2018-05-24 20:57:46.894 Detail, Node006, Received: 0x01, 0x0b, 0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x06, 0x05, 0x5b, 0x03, 0xe7, 0x00, 0x03, 0x4f
2018-05-24 20:57:46.894 Detail,
2018-05-24 20:57:47.510 Detail, Node006, Received: 0x01, 0x0b, 0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x06, 0x05, 0x5b, 0x03, 0xe8, 0x00, 0x02, 0x41
2018-05-24 20:57:47.510 Detail,
2018-05-24 20:57:48.000 Detail, Node006, Received: 0x01, 0x0b, 0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x06, 0x05, 0x5b, 0x03, 0xe9, 0x00, 0x01, 0x43
2018-05-24 20:57:48.000 Detail,

I get the quad flashing yellow, set config through OZW but its no longer returning the scene data. I need to go back a step.

I am reading through this thread trying to follow this document to get my wallmote working. But I am stuck because I can’t find the zwcfg file .

The closest I find are these two and they don’t have any entries for wallmote or mention of Command class 91.

# find . -name "zwcfg*"
./srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/python_openzwave/ozw_config/config/zwcfg.xsd
./srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/python_openzwave/ozw_config/zwcfg.xsd

Also is it possible to change the parameters of this device? There are no parameter settings when I select the node for this device. I want to turn off sound because I use this in my office. I also like to change the light settings.

UPDATE: I found the file in .homeassistant. I swear it wasn’t there yesterday. not sure when it gets created but I suspect it happens after shutdown.

Why does the Wallmote have the following

• switch.aeotec_wallmote_quad_switch
  • sensor.aeotec_wallmote_quad_alarm_level
  • sensor.aeotec_wallmote_quad_alarm_type
  • sensor.aeotec_wallmote_quad_power_management
  • sensor.aeotec_wallmote_quad_sourcenodeid

The switch doesn’t seem to be controlled by the wallmote and doesn’t seem to affect it in any way if state is changed. So what is the purpose of this switch?
I think it is created by this entry in zwcfg file. Are others removing this entry?

<CommandClass id="37" name="COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY" version="1" request_flags="5" after_mark="true" getsupported="false" innif="true">
    <Instance index="1" />
    <Value type="bool" genre="user" instance="1" index="0" label="Switch" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="False" />
</CommandClass>

The manual doesn’t mention anything about alarm levels or type.
The Alarm Level is always 0
The Alarm Type is always 0
I think created by this section (I may be getting this zwcfg stuff now) :slight_smile:
Again are others removing this section?

<CommandClass id="113" name="COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM" version="4" request_flags="1" innif="true">
    <Instance index="1" />
    <Value type="byte" genre="user" instance="1" index="0" label="Alarm Type" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="0" />
    <Value type="byte" genre="user" instance="1" index="1" label="Alarm Level" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="0" />
    <Value type="byte" genre="user" instance="1" index="2" label="SourceNodeId" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="0" />
    <Value type="byte" genre="user" instance="1" index="11" label="Power Management" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="254" />
</CommandClass>

I have no clue what the source node sensor is for.

• sensor.aeotec_wallmote_quad_sourcenodeid

The only one I get is power management sensor which I assume is the battery level. That could be handy to notify the need of a recharge.

My wallmote which was working has just stopped. My configuration looks fine.
I see the events in the OZW log.
I can send a test event and my action works.
But pressing a button writes to the log that an event will be generated but I never get an event.

I am at a loss on how to debug this at this point.

UPDATE:
I gave up, removed the node, added the node. Made all the zwcfg* file changes again. Fixed the automations with new node name. Now it is working.

However, now my configurations are missing so I can’t turn off the sound on the device.
If I look in the zwcfg file the config settings are gone. So I added them back in

<CommandClass id="112" name="COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION" version="1" request_flags="5" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="1" label="Touch sound" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="1" vindex="0" size="1">
					<Help>This will enable or disable the sound effects when you press or touch the sensing area</Help>
					<Item label="Disable" value="0" />
					<Item label="Enable" value="1" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="2" label="Touch vibration" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="1" vindex="1" size="1">
					<Help>This will enable or disable the vibration effects when you press or touch the sensing area</Help>
				</Value>
				<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="3" label="Button slide function" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="1" vindex="1" size="1">
					<Help>This will enable or disable control by sliding the button area</Help>
				</Value>
				<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="4" label="Report type" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="1" vindex="1" size="1">
					<Help>To configure which report will be sent when pressing the buttons</Help>
					<Item label="Send nothing" value="0" />
					<Item label="Send Central Scene Command Notification" value="1" />
					<Item label="Send Central Scene Command Notification and Configuration report" value="3" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="int" genre="config" instance="1" index="5" label="Color when button is pressed" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-2147483648" max="2147483647" value="65280">
					<Help>To configure which color will be displayed when the button is pressed. Value 1: (msb) Red. Value 2: Green. Value 3: Blue. Value 4: Reserved</Help>
				</Value>
				<Value type="int" genre="config" instance="1" index="33" label="Test the LED, buzzer and vibrator" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-2147483648" max="2147483647" value="0">
					<Help>Get the LED Strip color value Value 1: (msb) Red. Value 2: Green. Value 3: Blue. Value 4: buzzer and vibrator. (1=ON, 0=OFF)</Help>
				</Value>
				<Value type="byte" genre="config" instance="1" index="39" label="Set the low battery value" units="%" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="10" max="50" value="10">
					<Help>Set the low battery value. Range: 10% - 50%.</Help>
				</Value>
				<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="255" label="Reset To Factory Defaults" units="" read_only="false" write_only="true" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" vindex="1" size="4">
					<Help>Reset to factory defaults</Help>
					<Item label="Reset to factory default setting" value="0" />
					<Item label="Normal" value="1" />
					<Item label="Reset to factory default setting and removed from the z-wave network" value="1431655765" />
				</Value>
			</CommandClass>

OK got it working now. This device really needs some love from the devs.

I’m suffering from double tap!
I’ve created a toggle rule for lights triggered by button 1 tap.
However, in use I find the first tap turns the lights on and immediately off. Looking in the event history it appears as though there were two taps.
When I tap it again, it works fine.
Curious if others have the same issue.
I have an idea for how to fix it, will update if it works.

Hi @kev

As I remember it there is a response for press and one for release, there is also another one for hold.

If you share your code I can have a look, if you want to test some more test with hold too.

@SimonT this is my tap event trigger:

{
  "entity_id": "zwave.aeotec_zw130_wallmote_quad",
  "scene_data": 0,
  "scene_id": 1
}

I used mine in an automation yaml file that looks similar

- alias: Play / Pause Kitchen
  trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_data:
  action:
  - service: media_player.media_play_pause
    entity_id: media_player.downstairs

So fixed the double tap problem. I added an input_boolean to record the tap state. In a ‘tap timer’ automation rule I turn on the input_boolean, wait 2 seconds then turn it off again. The trigger for this rule is a tap on the wallmote, so I added 4 triggers, one for each button.
Then in the automation for each button, I added a condition for the input_boolean to be off. Using the UI to create this rule, make sure to use just off, lower case and no single quotes around it.
Seems to work OK now!

Param 9 is the start point. Param 10 is the stop point. If you swipe upward, param 9 is lower than param 10, allowing you to know that it was an upward swipe. If you swipe down, 9 is larger. The numbers themselves probably correspond to the points on the touch-sensitive surface, which opens up swipes between the corners as well as up/down. Sideways swipes don’t appear to work.

Are these values accessible from within HA?

Also, for those having difficulty with the swipe, it’s…touchy. If you start the swipe with too much force, it shows up as a tap. One thing you can try is to lay your finger against the wallmote for a fraction of a second before moving it. Not long enough to register a hold, though. I have my wallmote laying on my desk for testing, and the sound of the vibration is different between swipe and tap.

How did you get swipe to work? I just bought one these and got group association tap to work pretty quickly (woot!), but haven’t had any luck with swipe group association and don’t see a solution in this thread.