Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 died on me

I had to replace the Aeotec and now I can’t my GE Z-Wave 12727 switches paired. I’m not sure if the info is incorrect or I’m doing the steps incorrectly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you need to factory reset the swtiches? I seem to recall I had a sensor that wouldn’t re-pair until I gave it a factory reset.

I’m pretty sure that’s the case, Just can find any information on how.

Did you try “Remove Node” and then “add node”?

Hmmm… manual says…

Note: To exclude and reset the device, follow the instructions provided by your Z-Wave controller.

https://byjasco.com/sites/default/files/product/manuals/12727%20EnFrSp%20QStart%20V1%20081314.pdf

I can’t access my original controller since it quit working (won’t power on).

Remove node and activate the switch as though you are pairing it. I usually perform that even with a new switch. You may need to do it more than once.

It would need to be paired first to remove the node. Is there anything in your zwave xml file? You should have one entry for your controller, anything for this switch?

I wouldn’t of thought that would of worked, with the new z-stick, But it did! Greatly relieved! I did discover the backup tool and will use it when I get everything working again. Thanks again, This forum is so much help!!

I don’t know how badly your old stick suffered but it might be worth a try to back it up and a restore to the new stick. ???

I’ll give it a try later today, Was able to get just about everything paired before I had to leave.

You can use the Remove Node process for nodes that are included on another controller.

Simply put the device into exclusion mode, then select Remove Node.

This has been a learning experience, I probably needed to do a fresh setup on the Z-wave side of things. I initially set it up under a virtual env a year or so ago and have been on hassio for a month.