Aeotec ZW056 Doorbell – Need Help Troubleshooting Delayed Responses

I am trying to configure three Aeotec ZW056 Z-Wave doorbell speakers so that they will all simultaneously play an alert tone upon certain events (e.g. when motion is detected outside, the garage door is left open, etc.). I’ve uploaded several MP3 files to the speakers so that I can differentiate the various triggering events with a unique alert tone. Home Assistant exposes the ZW056 as a “switch” that, when activated, will only play the factory default “doorbell” MP3 file – the hass frontend doesn’t provide an option to select which file to play. Since the ZW056 has a configuration parameter for playing a specific file, my workaround to the hass frontend limitation was to use the “set_config_parameter” service in my automations.

The downside to this approach, however, is that it doesn’t allow all three speakers to simultaneously activate. Instead, there is a 5-10 second delay between each speaker. So in the example automation below, the downstairs speaker activates immediately, the the basement speaker activates 5-10 seconds later, and the upstairs speaker activates 5-10 seconds after the basement speaker (~20 seconds after the automation was triggered).

Since the first speaker activates immediately, my guess is that the “set_config_parameter” service is requiring the controller to wait for the first speaker to acknowledge the command before allowing it to send the next command to the second speaker. Is it possible to force the controller to not wait for the first speaker to respond before sending a command to the second speaker?

If anyone could help me get this configured in such a way where the controller sends the command to all three speakers at the same time, it would be greatly appreciated. I’m using Hass.io, so my ability to configure certain OpenZWave device config files might be limited.

Thanks a ton!

alias: "Back Door Notification"
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.back_door_sensor_sensor
    to: "on"
action:
# Downstairs Speaker
  - service: zwave.set_config_parameter
    data_template: {"node_id": "24", "parameter": "6", "value": "6", "size": "1"}
# Basement Speaker
    data_template: {"node_id": "23", "parameter": "6", "value": "6", "size": "1"}
# Upstairs Speaker
    data_template: {"node_id": "25", "parameter": "6", "value": "6", "size": "1"}