Affiliate!

Hi,

So I have been a secret lover, sleuth bit on the side for close on 6 months now… and I have to say… I WANT MORE…& I am ready to commit!!

I would like to propose… which I am happy to administer… an affiliate scheme with Hardware manufacturers… HA get an affiliate code and therefore commissions for products that are purchased when linked to via a HA domain.

This would entail the powers that be setting up a bank account in the name of HA (which I have no intention of being in control of) where funds from the various hardware manufacturers affiliate schemes could deposit their commission payouts… You boys/girls could then Vote/Decide on how to spend the cash…

I am happy to administer this marketing role for y’all for no benefit to myself (no funds access, no bank details access/ just link monitoring/updating and administration)… like I said. I am ready to commit and help with what little skills I do have…

Love this shizzle more and more every 2 weeks… !

This is a nice idea and I understand you wanting to support HA, but the core devs seem to have enough on their plate without the addition of accounting. I actually asked about making a donation at one point and (I think it was Balloob but not sure now) they really don’t have any mechanism in place for it nor the desire.

Maybe that’s changed since I asked but I don’t think so.

You can always help out by spreading the word, contributing code if you have any ideas and certainly we can always use more help answering questions on the forums!

Cheers and thanks for your support!

OK, so if it is reach and more users, then use the funds from an affiliate scheme to run a Google Pay Per Click campaign… I am happy to run both… :slight_smile:

I can get the funds, no problem :smiley:

I’ve seen Ben from BRUH Automation wearing a slick looking Home Assistant shirt that I’ve been trying to find out how to get my hands on

Having money for beers is always nice especially during a conference :wink:

As @rpitera already said, at the moment we have no intention to collect money through donations, sponsorship, or an affiliate program. We prefer to support organizations like the EFF like we do with the t-shirts, this helps the whole Open source eco-system.

1 Like

Yes but you should note that the funds generated were donated to the EFF, not held by HA for their own use.

If you would want to start a similar campaign, I’d start with contacting @balloob and seeing if there’s another charity that HA would like show some love.

Well, if you ever come near the East Coast of US, namely the NYC area, drinks will be on me for sure.

All fair enough, however you have an awesome platform and opportunity to make even more cash whilst expanding the platform base, regardless of who or what you want to spend the cash on… let me know if you ever change your mind… Otherwise, thanks for the awesome platform and I look forward to continue contributing to the community in whichever way I can…

1 Like

So… . (we) seem to have organised ourselves… https://home-assistant.io/blog/2017/12/17/introducing-home-assistant-cloud/

Please can I run an affiliate program for (us)…

I may not know python, yaml, or all you funky developers speak (although I have close on 1000 components and more than 15000 lines of yaml written) I do know how to monetise tech…

help me help us… :slight_smile: