Affordable (cheap) Wireless window opener?

Nikita says you’ve already spoke with him :slight_smile:

Thanks and yes! I spoke with him, very friendly guy! I however realized that it only had a 13 cm arm and I need a longer arm in order to ventilate more efficiently so I need to continue my research.

Right now I’m looking at Tuya compatible devices, but I really liked that Drivent was secure in a storm and kept its pressure.

Hi Brendan, thank you for your interest in my project. I did look last year at some designs from Jon Oxer (#22: AXA Electric Window Motors Controlled By LIN Bus And Arduino – SuperHouse Automation). His ESP design was not available yet. In the end I created my own setup as documented on my github. Feel free to design your own PCB, or order Jon’s (very nice) design from jclpcb. I will just open a small window on the second floor, so security of wifi is not of my concern. But I can not decide for your situation. Cheers, Frank

I’m placing my drivent units closer to window edge, so I can open window wider when necessary

Interesting idea! I have a ceiling hatch, see images. It weighs quite a bit but maybe if you place two of them, one on each side? If you send an open/close command to them, how much in sync are they?

I think weight is gonna be bigger issue than length. Drivent uses thin plastic leg that struggles with much easier weights

Chain Tuya is a way to go, but I’m selling mine because all of the issues I had with it (mainly it was making too much noice and required drilling for reliable behaviour, which wasn’t something I was willing to do in rented place)

Oh, thanks for letting me know. Which model of the chain Tuya have you been using? I except I need to screw the thing into place but since it’s a wooden hatch that is very easy to do. I have been looking into this model:

That is tilt and turn window? Can you still open it manually (just top tilt)?

Ordered the parts and i hope it will succeed :slight_smile:

@JustGeus
Any update? I would assume you can connect it through Alexa or Google Assistant, even it is not that elegant and uses cloud, which sucks

If it is connected in Home Assistant, you can pass that to Alexa and Google.
Both Alexa and Google Home support covers.