After update to 16.0.0 all flows and notes are gone

If it doesnt work Jeroen, same stuff as leopold we can help each other get started back up. But if it does - let us know and keep track of your process. :wink:

Hello Nathan,

thanks for the help. Iā€™ll have to check it out. Do you know how I can access my folders with HA OS?

Cheers

I have this exact same issue. Same log as well

It worked!!! So hereā€™s what I did:

1. updated to 16.02
  2. rename your addon_configs/a0d7b954_nodered to whatever (donā€™t delete this!)
  3. start nodered; you should have a blank slate with no flows
  4. go into the menu on the top right and select ā€œimportā€
  5. click 'select file to import ā€™ and browse your old addon folder (the one you renamed in #2 and find a file called ā€œ.flows.jsonā€ EDIT: this might be a hidden file so unhide it if you canā€™t find itā€¦this should be dated pre-upgrade. It might even be renamed with the ā€œbackupā€ extension, If so, just rename it to ā€œ.flows.jsonā€.
  6. you should see the list of your old flows appear in the window below
  7. click ā€œimportā€ at the bottom
  8. restart nodered or the HA core
  9. if all is well, you should be able to at least see your flows. (better than nothing) My flows actually work so I am ecstatic!!
2 Likes

I had the same issue, what i done (only) :

• stop nodered
    cd /usr/share/hassio/addon_configs/a0d7b954_nodered
    cp .flows.json.backup flows.json
  • start nodered
7 Likes

Wish I had seen this before i did a full proxmox VM restore from a month agoā€¦ :wink:

1 Like
  1. updated to 16.02 - Done
  2. rename your addon_configs/a0d7b954_nodered to whatever (donā€™t delete this!) - Done
  3. start nodered; you should have a blank slate with no flows - Will not start

What should be in the a0d7b954_nodered(renamed) folder, because I only have:
/addon.json
/data/options.json
No, flows, or anything else. Maybe my issue is that stuff is missing from this location and it will not start.
If I rename the folder, it does not reproduce either, I do not get another a0d7b954_nodered created.

TO add to this, my flows are working somehow, even though the addon is not starting, and I cannot edit anything, so something somewhere is working, I just cannot edit or see them in any way. Was working find before the 15.1.1>16.0.0>16.0.1>16/0/2 nightmare.

Same problem here after 16.01 install

What a nightmare my addons_config folder is empty?

I got it working, I swear I followed all of @Mirai_Hayashiā€™s instructions but one, I was only restarting HA and not the whole system, (I run on an x86 system). That seemed to fix it for me, thanks all that helped, you are the greatest! Once I told it to reboot completely I got all my flows back.

1 Like

I got hit with this too. And the instructions here are sadly not helping. I donā€™t get it. If I restore a backup of before itā€™s still 16.x on node-red. If I install older backups also nothingā€¦ I finally managed to get it to stop trowing the error but ALL FLOWS ARE GONE?!

Where do i find this or copy this for a manual import? Iā€™m seeing years of work disappear here. Work I thought was save in backupsā€¦

It was a whirlwind hour but now itā€™s roaring again, phew

1 Like

Its here:

^^^

I keep getting Unable to expand ā€œhomeassistant.tar.gzā€ (or any other). it is in an unsupported format. Probably I am just doing something really dumb wrong?

what tool are you using to expand it?

I just downloaded ā€œThe Unarchiverā€ from the AppStore (Mac user). Defauly OS one does the same. I can unpack the full backup tar but all the files in there give that error. If I download a partial backup of say nodered I can open it but there are no flows in the flow directory.

What I also donā€™t get, Iā€™ve done full restores from older backups and it doesnā€™t seem to change, except that all addons donā€™t run unless I restart them. Even the old version of NodeRed wasnā€™t put back.

so, thatā€™s what my logs say:

Error loading settings file: /etc/node-red/config.js
[19:47:33] INFO: Service Node-RED exited with code 1 (by signal 0)
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: stopping
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service nginx: stopping
[19:47:33] INFO: Service NGINX exited with code 256 (by signal 15)
s6-rc: info: service nginx successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service init-nginx: stopping
s6-rc: info: service nodered: stopping
s6-rc: info: service nodered successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service init-nodered: stopping
s6-rc: info: service init-nginx successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service init-nodered successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service init-customizations: stopping
s6-rc: info: service init-customizations successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: stopping
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: stopping
s6-rc: info: service base-addon-log-level: stopping
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service base-addon-log-level successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service base-addon-banner: stopping
s6-rc: info: service base-addon-banner successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: stopping
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully stopped

I wrote how I solved it, with samba and no restore of HA core.

See here: Help i lost all my flows - #8 by Staedtler

2 Likes

Restore bricked my home assistantā€¦ I am SO BEYOND PISSED OFF at the momentā€¦

1 Like

Well that was funā€¦ Backups that donā€™t actually restore to a previous state, when downloaded you cannot open them, one that bricked my entire setupā€¦

Iā€™m finally back up and running. And using @Staedtler info managed to import my old flowsā€¦ Still have complaints about some nodes now not being installed. But at least I am not litterly sitting in the dark anymore (my studies lights are fully managed by HA).

One of the big issues I also ran into, most backups didnā€™t seem to backup the flows. Esp. not the NodeRed update backups for some reason. I had to dig deep to find a backup file that worked and am glad Iā€™ve not been doing much changes recently.

Lession here is: Do not trust in HA backupsā€¦

1 Like