After updating to 62.1 i lost all my yeeligths and plex

same here! I wonder what the difference is. I have a combo of the white and color bulbs. Do you use Discovery or hard code the IP in the config?

I have the lights in my clights.yaml file along with some limitless LED ones. I recently changed hassio over to another sd card and right off the bat, HA detected the yeelights before I restored my snapshot so both ways are working here. Google Assistant also still sees the Yeelights.

Interesting. The plot thickens. I have an older version running as a test box and it shows 3 or my 9 Yeelights. They are all at the same firmware. The only other thing I did was upgrade my Ubiquity networking gear but I really doubt that had an impact.

For those that are having issue there is a new Firmware update for the Yeelights. I applied it and all my lights decided to show up. :slight_smile: Yeelight firmware = 1.4.2_0055

Yeah so weird! I applied that earlier and lights still working no worries. Then 30 mins ago I see both of them are not available in Hassio and also in the Yeelight App.

I added them again (had to reset them first) then they are back in Hassio, can be controlled by the Teelight All (had to enable LAN control again for them) and Google Home is controlling them as well.

So weird! but at least working.

just updated to 1.4.2_0060, autodiscovery fixed!

I’m still only seeing 1.4.2_0055 and now in 0.63 I’m getting the ones I configured in the yaml file and also duplicates with a yeelight name:
Capture

Same situation here. Shouldn’t we be filing a bug report somewhere?

I don’t know - it’s not really a bug - at least it’s not that much of a problem and easily fixed by customize to hide the extras.

I’ve found my (simple) solution: in my configuration.yaml I removed the yeelight platform. I think that was causing the double entries for the yeelights.

Can anyone confirm it’s no longer necessary to manually add the Yeelight platform to configuration.yaml, since the Yeelights are autodiscovered? If so perhaps this should be mentioned on the documentation page: https://home-assistant.io/components/light.yeelight/

What I removed was this:

light:
  - platform: yeelight
    devices:
      192.168.x.x:
        name: Yeelight kitchen
      192.168.x.x.:
        name: Yeelight living room

Actually it’s almost always been auto discovered. If you manually configured as well it used your names. So yeah knock them out of yaml but they don’t have friendly names.

So you’re confirming Yeelights are autodiscovered. Then it seems there is no need to manually add anything to configuration.yaml. But the documentation for Yeelight makes no mention of this. Shouldn’t we act on this, suggest a change to documentation to make life easier for future Yeelight users?

All I can say is that I was surprised wen I setup my system again a few months ago that they were auto discovered. It was unexpected as I followed the docs when I originally added the Yeelights and when I restarted HA my lights were working. It was only on a re-install I saw they were auto discovered. So yeah the docs are wrong but manually configuring them uses your friendly names.

But as mentioned above, if you don’t manually configure them, you lose the friendly name. Is there a way to keep the manual configuration (and therefore the friendly name)?

Yeah- manually configure them - and hide the auto detected ones.

But doesn’t it make more sense to just not add the Yeelight platform to configuration.yaml manually (letting the autodiscover do it’s job), and then just add the friendly name in customize.yaml? Instead of adding them then hiding them.

My customize.yaml contains:

light.yeelight_rgb_490d943040x:
    friendly_name: 'Yeelight kitchen'

Yes that works too. I was going to revert to that but they will probably fix it in the future so I just left it as is.