AGL - Energy Utility Meter

AGL is one of the top energy and gas providers in Australia. They have smart meters and we can see daily and monthly usage through their app and through Google Assistant. It provides very close usage and the $ spend.

I’m trying to add them into HA and can’t seem to find any integration to pull the data from the app.

Has anyone experienced this or in the same boast as me?

Please and thank you.

Hi,

I’m an AGL customer too & have thought about this exact same thing from time to time. So far i have never actually attempted to do anything about it from an HA point of view.

I do from time to time export the data from the AGL website for some rudimentary analysis in Google Sheets & have thought about working on importing the csv data into my InfluxDB database then making some kind of visualisation in Grafana. Not gone down that path yet but could be an idea to investigate. I guess it depends on what you are trying to achive.

Instead i am waiting for a new toy to arrive from the US that will allow me to do 3 phase electricity whole home energy monitoring via an ESPHome based integration.

Nick

1 Like

I’m just trying to pool all the data into HA. If I can see the usage and $ spent on the app, there has to be a way to pull that data and showcase it in grafana. I am curious to see how I can achieve this.