Air conditioner models with different on/off IR?

Will keep in mind…ordering broadlink soon…anyone know the best way to get outside temperature data in…tried wunderground and a local weater station that someone else installed but goes offline…

Maybe buy a Xiaomi sensor for 10 $ and keep it outside

Or the broadlink a1

yup ordered a whole bunch of xiaomi products…lets see

I was thinking you can chuck a door sensor on the aircon and check the status like that?

You mean when the vents move get a trigger?

exactly, same way i keep track i actually locked the garage :slight_smile: as I am yet to find a RF that work rolling code garage controllers.

I suppose the question is more of how do you get the trigger to set the status of the switch? I was going to be happy to see a aircon status like i do a the garage door.

off topic: i was thinking with things like TV you have an IP address/mac associated so you can ping to see if it’s alive and maintain status like that? is there a smart way to integrate this in HA with code?

There is a project which bypass the remote, by putting a device to trigger the button of the unit inside the garage

Hi Snedig,

Would you be able to share how you used the ModeMCU for controlling your heatpump?
I’m planning to integrate my old Panasonic heat pump to Home assistant, and found this:

However that wont give me temperature feeback, and your solutions seems to be ideal for that purpose.

could you share your ON and different OFF command of your Samsung.

Just bought a Samsung Quantum Maldives, but the remote has only toggle on/off