Air Conditioner with Homekit - Help

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

I’m new in this community and also new at HA !

Recently I bought a Broadlink RM Pro to start my HA, I managed to add it to HA and it works like it should ! Then I wanted to add it to Homekit! Since HA now as Homekit integration by default (no need homebdrige) I add it to my Homekit with no problems :slight_smile:

But now that its added, I have 2 problems.

• If I single press the AC Botton, it does not turn ON or OFF (See video). (in order to turn it ON, I have to set the temperature, and mode :frowning: )
  • in Homekit I can’t set the FAN speed of the AC (low, mid, high, highest, auto).

Can some help me?

here’s the video

For climate accessories, a single button press doesn’t do anything. That’s the design of the Home App. You have to select a mode instead. Temperature is not required.

Setting the fan speed is not supported.

1 Like

Thanks for the help !

I read somewhere that you can control the fan speed, but you have to add it as other accessory to HomeKit… In that case to control the AC you have 2 HomeKit accessories, one that control Mode and Temperature, and other one to control fan speed.
Is that correct?

The problem is that I don’t know how to do it lol

HomeKit would support controlling the fan speed. The issue is that we can’t map the Home Assistant fan speed setting to the HomeKit one. HA uses a list of custom speed attributes (that are different for every fan) and HomeKit would expect a percentage scale. Therefore it’s not supported with the HomeKit component.

There are ideas how to implement this in the future, but it will definitely take a while (if it’s implemented at all).

1 Like

I’ve found that Homekit will just use whatever fan speed setting is used in HA. I have it set to Low at the moment, but if your AC has an auto speed, maybe that might be a good one to leave it on.

Unless you want to map out a fan for use in Homekit.

1 Like

Oh ok ! Thanks for the info !!

That is why every time I turned on AC from HomeKit, was always in slow mode lol
I will change HA to auto mode ! thanks for the advice ! :slight_smile: