Airam wifi led strips with Home Assistant

This guide is for people with airam branded led wifi strips that they want to add to Home Assistant.
SmartHome LED Strip 12V – Airam.fi | Airam
I bought some airam 2m rgbw strips with wifi control. They aren’t natively compatible with Home Assistant so I turned to google After a few google searches I found magic home. Magic home is meant for generic rebranded lights but sadly it didn’t work with the airam strips.
My solution was to setup the strip using the tuya app and add the strip to localtuya for local control.
Here is the configuration for the strip in localtuya:

Hope this guide helps someone who bought the strips without any prior research like i did.

1 Like

Also the values i obtained by using the tuya cloud console device state logs to see what values changed.

1 Like

Thank you for this good information.
I noticed recent ones might have had protocol 3.4, so localtuya might not have been functional, but they are soon releasing a support for 3.4.

Using sources with manual installation works fine on my end. annukas’s values are correct and still same for more recent Airam SmartHome LED WiFi Strips.

1 Like

Thanks!
I also purchased Airam SmartHome LED bulbs without checking compability with HA, this was the way to get them integrated. It was a bit of a hassle to set up with Tuya dev accounts and all, but both the official tuya and the localtuya custom integration instructions were informative, and annukas’ configuration was the last missing bit.

1 Like