Airbnb automation (dynamic calendars based on guests)

I’ll make it optional to ignore or not (default ignore)

@ianadd

Your request to make ‘blocked’ and ‘not available’ still be stored / represented is now in. As is your request to the Keymaster dependency optional.

Additionally, I’ve tested installation with HACS, this is working well even though I have yet to do a release. I haven’t updated the documentation, but to switch to using a HACS based install (which will overwrite the manual install you may have done safely) do the following:

Open HACS → Integrations
Select the triple dot menu at the top → Custom Repositories
Set the following

It should then be detected as a new repository, but if it isn’t, just hit the ‘+ Expore & Download Repositories’ button to add it per normal.

As new changes hit the mainline HACS will see the updates when it does its normal refreshes. When I finally switch to proper releases it should then start working correctly with that along with a more normal Changelog

2 Likes

If we wanted to not ignore Blocked/unavailable is that a menu option or do we edit a file?
I deleted and installed via Hacs all went smoothly.
Also am I supposed to have titles in the config boxes telling me what info to put in them?

Thanks

Craig

@tykeal rather than extending this I’ve raised an ‘issue’.

You’ll want to force a refresh on the integration page. So do something like this:

Configuration → Devices & Services → Integrations

Force a refresh of your browser (ctrl+shift+r)

Then to make it so it doesn’t ignore Blocked and Unavailable events you’ll want to select the Rental Control entity you want to modify and select the Configure option.

You’ll find two check boxes at the bottom of the configuration screen. The first one is Ignore events that are not standard reservations the second one deals with verifying SSL certs (useful for folks that are sourcing the ICS file from a system with a self-signed certificate :wink: After that just hit the Submit button.

I did not have those options so I deleted the custom components/rental… folder and removed the integration. Reboot and reinstalled via hacs and now it works. I also now have titles in the boxes telling me what information each box should have, I suspect something was wrong with my installation from the beginning.

Craig

1 Like

@iscraigh and @ianadd (and anyone else) I’ve finally announced the initial release of Rental Control. Please shift any further conversation related to it there, or the GitHub repository for issues.