Airbnk M300 smart lock

Got one of Airbnk M300 locks.
It’s Bluetooth with Wi-Fi bridge.
Before i had August Pro, but CR123 batteries were working for 4-5 days, and it was constantly loosing Wi-Fi connection, becoming unusable.
So this Chinese copy works surprisingly well as for now, but for sure, i want to connect it to my HA, either over BT or Wi-Fi.
Unfortunately, looks like there’s no integration, API or Tuya support.
I am not really experienced in stuff like reverse-engineering, but with someone’s help could try to connect it.

1 Like

Also interested

1 Like

Bump? Can someone help here?
The lock seems to be really robust and convenient - would be actually cool to have it as part of home ecosystem…

Hi all, I believe you can find the most advanced discussion on attempts for integrating Airbnk smart locks in here: https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/issues/4478

Still no luck at the moment though…

1 Like

Hmm, that’s good that someone tries at least :slight_smile:
Will be watching that thread - maybe, I can help somehow…
However, discussion there is mostly about ZigBee/BT. BT is fine, as it’s local, but what about WiFi API…

Hélio. Somebody find a way to integrate airbnk lock tô HA?

Not yet, unfortunately.
Airbnk app is pretty sealed, and I tried to catch API calls on several devices/emulators with no luck.
I guess, we need to start with rooted physical device with Android <= 5.0 to achieve at least some results. I don’t have it though.

1 Like

Hi! In case you still searching: @rospogrigio created HA integration for Airbnk lock:

It works with help of custom BLE gateway, based on ESP32 chip. Firmware used iis either Tasmota, or my custom dedicated firmware:

I didn’t add README yet, but you may find information on how to connect it all together, in @rospogrigio’s repo issues - it’s ongoing discussion there.
P.S.
Added short README there.

1 Like

Hi,

I’ve tried to go through the instructions and have the integration installed and logged into an account that I’ve made just to use in HA. The second account have the lock shared as I logged with it on my mobile with Smart Life app and lock appears there. I even tried to log the integration with my main account of Smart Life and the effect is the same - No lock is discovered by the integration and prompt for MAC address didn’t appear.

What am I doing wrong?

Should I login to Smart Life account or something else? The account in Cloud Smart Lock has phone number as a login and integration asks for e-mail…

Maybe there is some misunderstanding here @gorzynsk . The integration is supposed to use the account used in the WeHere/Airbnk app, while you are talking about Smart Life app, which handles Tuya devices. Now, you might be using a Tuya Zigbee gateway to operate the lock remotely but this is not supported by this integration. In case you want to use it, you can either purchase the Airbnk W100 gateway, and use the cloud-based integration GitHub - rospogrigio/airbnk_cloud: Cloud control of Airbnk locks. , or purchase an ESP32 device and program it with Tasmota or a custom firmware, and use the MQTT-based integration GitHub - rospogrigio/airbnk_mqtt: MQTT control of Airbnk locks. . You can find more info at those two links. Hope this helps, bye!

Could you please let me know if I use the https://github.com/rospogrigio/airbnk_mqtt integration can I continue to use the WeHere/Airbnk app?
Another question: If I use the https://github.com/rospogrigio/airbnk_mqtt integration can I also use the Airbnk W100 gateway?
Thank you.

You may continue using official app and gateway - you just need to create separate account for registering custom integration, as token is reset on login from another device with same account.
So just create another acc with WeHere, add permissions to it from main acc, and use it in HA.
I use it this way from the start.

Thanks Andrii.
Please do you use the https://github.com/rospogrigio/airbnk_cloud integration or the https://github.com/rospogrigio/airbnk_mqtt integration?

I used both. Now I stick with MQTT, as I did develop custom gateway firmware for it.

Great! One more question: Does the custom gateway allow more than one lock?
Thanks

No, to have several locks you’ll need several ESP’s.
There’s a little bit of restrictions on BLE stack for ESP32, besides that, the Bluetooth range is not great, so you’d still have problems connecting several locks.
So I decided not to bother.

OK, Thanks

Hello @rospogrigio
is there some manual where I can look how to connect airbnk lock to esp32 (with tasmota mqtt) ? all I can find on link is how to setup mqtt on esp32 or link to your custom firmware. I would like to connect lock to Cloudflare mqtt and control it from my app/website

thank you in advance.

I don’t know, where’s @rospogrigio now, he’s not so active.

Don’t think you get it correctly.
MQTT connection from your gateway won’t help you operate lock directly.
All payloads (commands) for lock are generated on integration side, in MQTT you just can see lock status (advertisement payload, also as a byte string), and catch commands. You won’t be able to simply post into “set” topic to operate lock.

The gateways, both Tasmota and custom (which supports ESPHome now), just transfer data to/from integration.