Airtag is nearby My iphone

can someone explain whether i can use the iphone and home assistant to tell that a certain airtag is near? I only want to run automations when a certain air day is nearby. Greetings Thomas

Apple Airtag? I’d like to do the same, if anyone knows how …

1 Like

I found a way to extract longitude en latitude coordinates from a AirTag. It requires to have a Mac on 24/7. For that I use MacOS on a virtual machine in virtualbox. I’m writing a script for that right now. This way we can add a airtag to home assistant!

6 Likes

Update from my side: I just setup a GitHub page. Still in the process of writing the script, but you can find the actual script on: GitHub - PrutsMeneer/AirTagIt: Ever wanted to save a copy of ALL the locations that you're AirTag has been? Its possible with AirTagIt! - Normally you can only see the current location of the AirTag in the 'Find My' app and no location history. AirTagIt makes is possible to automatically send locations to Google Spreadsheet and MapBox, so you can see all location history!

5 Likes

Hey, stumbled across your github page while looking for something similar, looking forward to the script. Thank you.

1 Like

I’d love to have something that ran at the house and tracked the appearance of unexpected airtags nearby.

For anyone coming here excited .about the conversation previously on the GitHub project for AirTagIt by @PrutsMeneer know that it is merely a vaporware project with only a README.md published and no script or code. However, we should get this thread back to the original conversation relating to discovering if iCloud3 (or some other way) supports detecting if the HA phone app can see if an AirTag is nearby…

1 Like

Sound like it won’t work currently since it is not tracked like phones

Those links do not work because the SSL certificate is invalid for fmipmobile.icloud.com for whatever reason.

May there be a similar solution for Samsung SmartTag with Android in a VirtualMachine (maybe on a NAS) to get the coordinates?

Hey prutser!
Al een update ?

hey Pruts… Did you ever get this done?

I think this approach may help you!