Airthings_ble: Configurable units

The current integrations assumes that users want units matching their global metric/imperial measurements setting, but this seems overly opinionated.

I’m a USA user with imperial units, but have been tracking radon measurements with an older esp proxy method that grabbed the info directly and exposed it as a sensor, which I modified to report in becquerels. I updated my integration today and changed that esp to a pure bluetooth proxy and used the “official” integration and now I’m locked into the USA picocurie units that greatly reduces the resolution of the values that I’m used to / have been graphing.

Suppose this is a nit pick, but I would greatly prefer to be able to set the becquerel units independently from my HA instance unit value and resume my existing graph data rather than be forced into the lower resolution values.

https://github.com/search?q=repo%3Ahome-assistant%2Fcore%20picocurie&type=code

I think that exists

The integration pulls the global metric value here: core/homeassistant/components/airthings_ble/sensor.py at 850703824b8bf8a74abb89e29e0e58465775b6b6 · home-assistant/core · GitHub with no possibility to override it.

Don’t forget to vote for your own request <3

1 Like

Can you not change it in the ui?