Airtouch 4 integration (AUS)

Try going into the WiFi settings and choosing:

• Treat network as unmetered
  • Privacy: Use device MAC

Not sure if it will help, but it’s worth a shot. If you find any settings around leaving WiFi on when tablet is asleep, obviously make sure it stays on. I only did what I described here and mine works fine on 5GHz.

Thanks. Funny, it still absolutely refuses to connect to wifi if the device MAC is set, it only works with randomized.

This worked a treat, but what I’ve found is that it doesn’t actually get the correct damper position for the spill zone damper - that always reads 0% when spilling even though I can see it is open from the Airtouch controller, doesn’t look like the “actual” value is exposed?

That’s odd. I’d probably look into why that is. Something in your router maybe.

You’re right, it only reports the zone damper position and ignores that it’s opened wider when it’s being used as spill. I guess that’s what comes from the API, but you could read the API docs and find out. I have them somewhere - drop me a message if you want them.

I spoke too soon, it’s still giving those errors occasionally. Maybe it’s because I don’t actively ‘control’ the AC frequently enough from the integration and something’s timing out. Don’t know. It’s just annoying now.

I get them very, very occasionally. Once a week at most. The other thing you could do is a WiFi survery to check there’s not too many different WiFi networks on the same channel as yours - I use an Android app called “Wifi Analyzer” but my router can do it itself too - “automatic channel” or similar.

I think I’ve found a workable solution by using NodeRed to reload the AirTouch configuration every hour.

That seems like a reasonable solution, a bit hacky, but better than nothing.

I remember having to restart some enterprise Java server software every night about 20 years ago as the software platform was so immature and poor that it had horrible memory leaks.

I am about to purchase the AirTouch 5 System with a Panasonic RC Ducted AC. Thank you for sharing this… the Installer Manual has lots of really useful information, and answers a lot of questions.

@tomwaldnz Would I be able to get the API from you?

Yeah, message me your email address, I’ll send it in the next 24 hours, next time I’m on the computer.

I had a ducted Panasonic system but I had it removed. It was really, really loud, indoor and outdoor. Daikin is much quieter. This is in New Zealand, there might be different models overseas that are better. Be careful with Panasonic thought.

I’ve just emailed it now. Feel free to share any way you like, with anyone you like. If you don’t get it let me know.

Got it, thanks.

As far as I can tell, there is no security on the API other than the overall WiFi Login? Is this your understanding as well?

I’ve never looked at the Airtouch API in any details. I just use the Integration, and if you use Google you can find a Python implementation of the API. Your WiFi network should be private anyway, if anyone else can get onto there you probably have bigger problems :slight_smile:

Hi there, my Airtouch tablet is set-up using DHCP, which of course means a changing IP address. Whenever this happens my Home Assistant connection is lost with my AirTouch controller. I thought moving to a static IP would be the answer, however the HomeAssistant AirTouch plug-in returns an error whenever I try the static IP. Everyone else has a rock solid connection, so this has to be something really simple I’m missing.

Any help would be appreciated.

I use a static reservation rather than a static IP address. Basically I tell my router to give the air touch the same IP address every time. What make and model of router do you have?

1 Like

Hi Tom, I have a TP Link Deco E4

Searching for “TP Link Deco E4 static reservation” brings up this article. You might find others if you search.

Basically you’re telling your router “when a device with this MAC address asked for an IP address, always give it this reserved IP address”. This is similar to a static IP, but allocated in a different way.

Does anyone else see this error still at startup?

AttributeError: 'AirTouchAc' object has no attribute 'PowerState'